Conditional Greencard letter stalled, after biometrics appt.?

Hey all,

Situation. My wife has a greencard with 2 year conditions. We sent our I751 form to Texas Service Center the early of Feb while living abroad ( I tool a job overseas) and my spouse's gc expires May 5th. We received the appt. letter today at our US address stating she must go to the biometrics appt. Apr. 1st.

Question:

1) After this biometrics appt, will my wife get 10-year green card directly without extention letter or just get greencard extention letter?

2) if my wife can get 10-year green card after this biometric appt., how hong will it take?

3)If my wife just get greencard extention letter after this biometric appt., how long will it take? and is there any other appt. before they issue her 10-year green card ?

I thought we'd get that letter first and then the biometrics appt. later but evidently I got that one reversed.

Any ideas will be appreciated. So we can put together our travel plans.

Thanks

Chad

Edited by hamlett22 (see edit history)

Your in the same boat as MRMC an myself my wife just did the biometrics on Friday. The excuse from USCIS is "Due to the recent increase of fee's we have experienced a surge in applications so your letter may take up to 15 weeks" or in other words don't bother us. Also they say if you have not received your receipt within 30 day then to call them. Like others here when I check the case on the back of my check it amounts to nothing, when I check the case# on Biometric I797 I get below.

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On February 29, 2008, we transferred this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

But to try and answer your questions

1.Maybe or maybe not

2. Processing dates are 1 yr behind (start planning to apply for citizenship)

3.They are saying 15 weeks for first I-797 but who really knows some guys got them in 1 week

Your in the same boat as MRMC an myself my wife just did the biometrics on Friday. The excuse from USCIS is "Due to the recent increase of fee's we have experienced a surge in applications so your letter may take up to 15 weeks" or in other words don't bother us. Also they say if you have not received your receipt within 30 day then to call them. Like others here when I check the case on the back of my check it amounts to nothing, when I check the case# on Biometric I797 I get below.

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On February 29, 2008, we transferred this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

1.Maybe or maybe not

3.They are saying 15 weeks for first I-797 but who really knows some guys got them in 1 week

Thanks Se_lang!

We just checked our case status online, which is exactly same as yours. but we didn't get this transfer notice(lost in mail?). so we are wondering what kind of instruction on the notice you got?

1) Should get an extension letter before biometrics, 10 year card can take up to a year, and sometimes more before it is issued, they don't automatically approve I-751, some times they can and do issue an interview appointment to interview the couple for bona fide marriage before they decide to lift the conditions.

2) Several months to a year or more for them to approve removal of conditions.

3) A few weeks to a month or so after filing the I-751, biometrics letter is issued by field office, extension letter is issued by service center, extension letter is not timed to the biometrics.

Note: If your spouse is living overseas with you, depending on the nature of the job and time living out of the country, an LPR can loose status. Green-card is for residency in the USA or it's territories. If the job is for the US government, then the time over seas may not be a problem for residency.

Maintaining Permanent Residence You may lose your permanent residence status if you commit an act that makes you removable from the United States under the law in section 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you commit such an act, you may be brought before the immigration courts to determine your right to remain a Permanent Resident.

You may be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status if you:

• Move to another country intending to live there permanently.

• Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

• Remain outside of the US for more than two years after issuance of a reentry permit without obtaining a returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.

• Fail to file income tax returns while living outside of the US for any period.

• Declare yourself a ¡°nonimmigrant¡± on your tax returns.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

1.Maybe or maybe not

Thanks Se_lang!

We just checked our case status online, which is exactly same as yours. but we didn't get this transfer notice(lost in mail?). so we are wondering what kind of instruction on the notice you got?

I am in same boat as you I did not get a transfer letter either.