Hi everybody,

as you can see from our timeline, things have been moving right along.

Li had her biometric appointment on March 7th, and they just took her picture and fingerprints. Any ideas on how long before all this is complete? AOS/Employment authorization/and Travel document?

SS office said no SS# until she has work permit.

Li has been attending ELS classes here now since February, 4 nights a week. She has nothing to do during the day when I am at work, so I always feel kind of bad for her. Oh, well Im sure it wont be this way for long.

Hi everybody,

as you can see from our timeline, things have been moving right along.

Li had her biometric appointment on March 7th, and they just took her picture and fingerprints. Any ideas on how long before all this is complete? AOS/Employment authorization/and Travel document?

SS office said no SS# until she has work permit.

Li has been attending ELS classes here now since February, 4 nights a week. She has nothing to do during the day when I am at work, so I always feel kind of bad for her. Oh, well Im sure it wont be this way for long.

Firstly, SSN can be applied for by K-1 visa holders with the first 76 days of entry, so that window closed Feb/27, so yes you have to wait until you have EAD or Green-Card to apply for SSN.

EAD (Work Permit) can take 60-90 days or more to get.

AP (Travel Doc) takes the same 60-90 days to get.

AOS varries, from 3-4 months to sometimes Years to get depending on Name Checks, or how busy your field office is, if an interview is required.

If an interview is required, your field office is looking at cases filed last July. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProc...lectedOffice=25