another affidavit of support question

when figuring out the poverty guidelines,if you have a child,but he does not live with you.Do i count him as part of..."size of family unit"?

also on line 11 on the I-134,it asks "I intend,do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person....." what does this mean? i intend to support her of course,but what is the "specific contributions"?

thanks for all your help !!!

jimi

Firstly what visa are you dealing with? K-Visa or CR-1/IR-1?

You only count children that are your dependents, that is you claim them on your IRS tax return.

K-Visas use I-134.

CR-1 and IR-1 visas use I-864.

You only count children that are your dependents, that is you claim them on your IRS tax return.

K-Visas use I-134.

sorry,i am filing the k3 visa,

K-Visas use I-134.

You may want to add the I-129F filing date to your signature, all I see is I-130, which alone is CR-1/IR-1

This caused a bit of confusion in your last affidavit of support post.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

K-Visas use I-134.

You may want to add the I-129F filing date to your signature, all I see is I-130, which alone is CR-1/IR-1

This caused a bit of confusion in your last affidavit of support post.

Done.

thank you

jimi

also on line 11 on the I-134,it asks "I intend,do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person....." what does this mean? i intend to support her of course,but what is the "specific contributions"?

I don't have my I-134 right in front of me but I believe we checked "Do not intend" as I believe this is refers to other visa applicants besides K-1/K-3.

I could be wrong though. My wife's looking for our form at home now. I'll update when she finds it.

Edit:

Ok, I was right and wrong. We didn't check either box. We put "N/A K-1 visa process for permanent resident." I assume this pertains to K-3 as well. If not, someone (Dan or David) will correct me. :greenblob:

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

I don't have my I-134 right in front of me but I believe we checked "Do not intend" as I believe this is refers to other visa applicants besides K-1/K-3.

I could be wrong though. My wife's looking for our form at home now. I'll update when she finds it.

Edit:

Ok, I was right and wrong. We didn't check either box. We put "N/A K-1 visa process for permanent resident." I assume this pertains to K-3 as well. If not, someone (Dan or David) will correct me. :rolleyes:

Thanks

yeah,after reading over that line a dozen times,it seemed to me it doesn't pertain to the k visa's,almost seems to me to pertain to those who would be coming over on some type of visitor visa,or something of that nature.

thanks again for your help

jimi

Edit:

Ok, I was right and wrong. We didn't check either box. We put "N/A K-1 visa process for permanent resident." I assume this pertains to K-3 as well. If not, someone (Dan or David) will correct me. :)

Thanks

yeah,after reading over that line a dozen times,it seemed to me it doesn't pertain to the k visa's,almost seems to me to pertain to those who would be coming over on some type of visitor visa,or something of that nature.

thanks again for your help

jimi

K-visas are non-immigrant prior to filing for AOS, so it does apply. Yes, you do intend to provide full support for the person.

That being said, however, I'm not sure that your answer here is significant, so iDave's answer is probably just as good, but "No" might be a little risky.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

K-visas are non-immigrant prior to filing for AOS, so it does apply. Yes, you do intend to provide full support for the person.

That being said, however, I'm not sure that your answer here is significant, so iDave's answer is probably just as good, but "No" might be a little risky.

This is exactly how I responded on my recently prepared I-134, for wife and daughter.

I answered the question this way; because it was the truth. :)