K1 Visa approved

My SO just received her visa today.

I want to thank everyone here because I kept close watch on your developments and it gave me encouragement.

My SO had her initial interview Dec 17. which didn¡¯t go well and we had got a blue sheet. Her interview was conducted in Mandarin.

My SO is a proud but nervous person and she didn¡¯t make a good case that can communicate to each other.

He looked at our phone logs and asked her why I always call her and she never calls me. She told me that she tried to explain (economical) abut she made it worst by having him think that I live with someone (my ex wife). He looked at everything and kept last years tax transcript.

My kitchen sink consisted of photographs, emails, MSN screen shots, MSN logs, copies of letters and their envelopes, two years tax returns, letter of employment, six months pay stubs, remittances, copy of passport, airline tickets/boarding passes.

For overcome the VO wanted an evolution statement, proof that I can speak Mandarin, explain why I only call her, airline tickets with receipts, which paid and arranged the trips, relationship evidence, ex spouse SSN and current address.

Needless to say we were devastated. I didn¡¯t think I could gather the overcome evidence. I haven¡¯t spoken to my ex-wife in five years and she currently lives in Japan. Also he did not mention how to prove I can speak Mandarin.

First thing I worked on was the evolution letter. I submitted a three page typed and signed letter. Which mentioned how I was introduced to her, how mutual feelings developed, my personality, detail about the trips I took to Beijing, my love for her and our plans when she arrives in America.

Luckily I did find my ex wife¡¯s SSN. She is a US federal employee working in Japan. I let the VO know what agency she currently works for and her email address.

For my Mandarin proof I submitted a DVD of me speaking Mandarin for seventeen minutes.

We were asked to mail in the evidence.

Thanks again everyone.

(If anyone needs more detail of my overcome, just ask me)

-moonglare

Congrats MoonGlare -

Recently - I've noticed that the VO want a handwritten (and certified) evolution of relationship letter.

She'll be with you soon - life will be grand !

Warmest Regards ....

Thanks for the info and Congratulations to you both !!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Too bad about the initial bump in the road, however, you had a reasonably fast overcome !!!!

I think the issue over the two-way phone calls was just a [portion] of the overall comfort level for them in assessing the relationship. The letter of evolution of the relationship was most likely more important. On the K-1's they want more than just photo copies of the airline tickets and a couple of photos. It now seems, just like with the K-3 and the CR-1 types, they want more frontloading of those evidences of bona fides, which now includes one's letter of evolution.

Actually, there is a small sentence (buried) in the USCIS instructions, which tends to speak to this factor in the larger sense.

A lot of this of course, depends on other factors, such as how long you have known her etc. You do not have a timeline posted with your profile, so it is difficult to assess more, other than based on what info you have provided in your post.

Again, over the past 2.5 years I have known my wife, the only time she calls me, is in those rare times when I oversleep and she calls to wake me in the morning, or in an emergency, such as if our daughter is ill !! For me it is 1.6 cents per/min to call her. For her it is a lot of money per/min to call, as you also have indicated !!

This process is very dynamic and always changing. This is why a site such as CFL is so important, as one can keep up with those changes in the dynamic, and adjust accordingly.

Again, best wishes to you both !!! :cheering:

Wholehearted congrats!

An rarely calls me for the obvious economic reason. Will it be a problem?

Add this question as another in the interview list.

My SO was just not expecting this question. The SO may have asked it with a stern voice.

I gave him all the logical reasons: economical, she doesn't have an international carrier linked to her line, and I always arrange with her on the next time I will call.

I am divorced so they tend to get suspicious.

-MoonGlare