One I-797C and a Chinese Wife

So I put the $1010 in the envelope,like they said (sounds crazy if you ask me)along with some photo copies,Green Card Application,Work Authorization Application,4 Page Biometrics,Oh Oh Oh and another one I cant remember now,and sent it all to the "Lock Box".

The only thing I have to show for all that is:

1)I-796C,Notice Of Action (case Type: I-765 Application for Employment Authorization Document)

2)One angry unemployed Chinese wife,threatening to go pick tomatos (house keeping) with Mexicans she has met at her English class.

I dont know about you guys,but my wife feels like she has been cheated out of work (work=the MONEY!) and somehow blames it all on me because...she says so?

I dont even know what we are waiting for,

I assume "Employment Authorization Document", to be taken to Social Security office where a

SocialSecurity Card will be issued to my wife for the purposes of employment?

Got the I-797C,Notice Of Action about 2 weeks ago.

When does my wife start working???

I would say take the I-797C to the employer to see if they will hire her with that.

Psst Psst :cheering:

Believe me,employers would be willing to hire without any documentation,but she would never accept one of THOSE kind of jobs.

I am not sure when i tcomes, but i think fairly quick. Maybe 1.5 more months. I am also in this waiting game. She has her SSN, but the card says need additional documents for work. So I have her waiting right now. She is happy if i am home, but when i travel she does not like it.

1. You could call, get some run around or

2. You could make an infopass appointment, or

3. You could wait for the EAD to arrive.

EAD is a credit card size document, you are not employment authorized until you have that card in hand, DMV, and employer wont accept the NOA, that is just a letter telling you that USCIS received the case and are processing it. EAD can take 90 days or more to get.

List of what the employer will accept as Employment Auth can be found here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf

I would say take the I-797C to the employer to see if they will hire her with that.

Psst Psst :ph34r:

Believe me,employers would be willing to hire without any documentation,but she would never accept one of THOSE kind of jobs.

If you're in an area with plenty of illegals (like Houston), she would get hired for the legitimate jobs over the illegals. She has 90 days to produce the Employment Authorization.

If not, employers may require her to wait for the actual EAD.

Pardon, but -

when you put all of the documents in the packet and mailed it out -

Did you have any idea of the current timelines for the processing of these documents? If so, tell your wife. If not, find out, then then your wife.

NOTHING is IMMEDIATE , regardless of what anyone may allude to.

Each Service Center has different turn-around times. I mentioned The Eazy FAQ to you in a prior thread, did you have a chance to read through it ?