NVC-to-P3-to-P4

question

When GUZ sends P-3 packet, OF 169 asks for the it completed and DS 230 part I

Does my SO also need to mail in copies of the items in the check list, like birth certificate, police report, marital status or just check off the boxes?

Also where does she get the police report and marital status reports? She is from Shanghai but lives in Shenzhen.

thank you

Check the boxes and get it all ready to turn in when you go to GZU. My feng also got her medical 2 weeks before the interview!! The other stuff needs to be current, less then 6 months and the VO will then take it when you check in during the morning of your interview!

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :roller:

Per the NVC and the GUZ, my K-1 petition has been in China since 1/26/2008.

I have a few questions that I will solicit the experts for answers.

First question, where is the petition?

Is it with the Chinese Custom Officials or is in the mailroom at the GUZ?

Once the GUZ gets it and starts the P3 processing, what exactly do they do?

My SO then gets the P3 package, fills it out and sends it back and patiently waits for P4 which I assume is the interview invitation.

What does the GUZ do with the case between their receipt of the P3 package and issuance of the P4 package?

It seems that the timeframes are all over map.

What are the main causes for the variation in processing times?

Is there anything one can do to minimize the processing time between P3 and P4?

Thank you,

-Squonk

I guess the best way to minimize the time is to have all the documents for the P3 filled out and send them in as soon as you know the P3 is shipped to you. This method can shorten the total time some.

There is no guarantee that sending in the P3 forms early will improve your place in line. Of course, it's can't hurt, either, unless you send them in TOO early (say before you're CERTAIN that they've mailed it out).

A few years back, our person who monitored these things found statistically that the date they mailed the P3 was significant, while the date they received the filled-out forms was not

I thought I had read somewhere that the Single Certificate and police report could be up to 12 months old before they requested a new one, from the GUZSpeaks forum I think. Kathy got the single certificate in September when we sent the Petition to USCIS and I included one of the origionals in the petition, while she has another to take to the interview (but GUZ should have it in the documents from NVC I would hope).

This Single certificate will probably be 11 months old by the time we reach the interview. Would be it wise to spend the time and money getting a new one if the old one is still less than 12 months old at the interview date? While 12 months is the requirement, are some visa officers more picky?

Brian

...The other stuff needs to be current, less then 6 months and the VO will then take it when you check in during the morning of your interview!

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :ph34r:

Edited by Brian & Kathy (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

I thought I had read somewhere that the Single Certificate and police report could be up to 12 months old before they requested a new one, from the GUZSpeaks forum I think. Kathy got the single certificate in September when we sent the Petition to USCIS and I included one of the origionals in the petition, while she has another to take to the interview (but GUZ should have it in the documents from NVC I would hope).

This Single certificate will probably be 11 months old by the time we reach the interview. Would be it wise to spend the time and money getting a new one if the old one is still less than 12 months old at the interview date? While 12 months is the requirement, are some visa officers more picky?

Brian

...The other stuff needs to be current, less then 6 months and the VO will then take it when you check in during the morning of your interview!

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :ph34r:

Well yes strickley speaking its 12 months, but if your certs are 11 months at interview and you get blue, they would propably expire before overcome, therefore no visa.

Also you cant be sure of your interview date until you get P-4, right?

Also VO's like fresh certs.

So if I was you I'd get new ones.

JMHO

Brian

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! B)

The police certificate is the one that GZU seems to like to be the "newest" the rest 12 months or less you are OK! B)

Still a long wait till we know the interview date, but I'm just thinking ahead. If we get blue, obviously we'd have to get a new certificate. It is only the single certificate that is old. We haven't gotten any police certificates yet and we'll wait a bit longer on that one.

I guess we'll decide when we get the interview date. Thanks,

Brian

Well yes strickley speaking its 12 months, but if your certs are 11 months at interview and you get blue, they would propably expire before overcome, therefore no visa.

Also you cant be sure of your interview date until you get P-4, right?

Also VO's like fresh certs.

So if I was you I'd get new ones.

JMHO

Brian

Where do you get the police certificate from? my so lives in Shenzhen for about 10 years but grew up in Shanghai.

Mark, feng, daughter, and 2 sons!! :)

The police certificate is the one that GZU seems to like to be the "newest" the rest 12 months or less you are OK! ;)