Help! Former Military Question

Hi. I have a question regarding whether or not former Chinese military can get a visa to the USA. My step-daughter (10 years old) has been invited to attend an army run school. She would complete middle and high school there while studying dance. At graduation, she would be "in the army" (my husband's term) and have a guaranteed army job and salary.

We are concerned that if my step-daughter is "in the army" she won't be able to get a visa to the states, whether as a relative, student, or visitor. Does anyone have any information about this? We are meeting with my husband's ex-wife on Saturday and want to have all the information so they can make the best possible decision.

Thank you!

Being in the military has no effect on being able to get a visa, what does cause problems is being a member of the Communist party.

My Wife Yu did 3 years in the Chinese Army, and made Sargent.

We listed this on the visa application (DS-230 DS-156) this was not a problem.

There is no restriction on military service.

Being in the PLA would not pose a major problem in obtaining a US visa. I know somebody personally who was in the PLA for ten year. She listed all her PLA experience in her K1 visa application. The VO did not even bring about the PLA topic during her interview and she was granted a K1 visa.

Of course the PLA is always an intriguing and awesome subject to us, and let alone it becoming a subject during a visa interview. Hooooo.