Biometrics Appt. Yet to be Scheduled..

I, along with another member here, have yet to receive our biometric appointment dates for AOS.

Contacted USCIS last week and was informed that a biometrics appointment date is normally received by the petitioner within 30 days of USCIS's receipt of an I-485 application. Since I was several days short of this 30 day requirement, I was told to call back this Monday, in which I did.

When I called, they took our information and filled out a "service request" that will be sent to our local biometrics office here in Nashville and provided us with a request confirmation number. I was then told that if we do not receive an appointment within 45 days to call USCIS once again.

This brings me to my questions...

Has anyone else had difficulty receiving their biometrics appointment date and had to seek a service request to get one scheduled as we have?

Has anyone received their AOS appointment or green card without a biometrics appointment?

On our I-797C it reads that, "if required" a biometrics appointment will be scheduled. I would assume that this would be a requirement...correct?

Thanks,

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

we had our biometrics right away, but now we are waiting for our GC. No touches since then :-( I see others had theirs transfered to CSC and had their biometrics, so hang in there. hopefully you havent moved since you filed either. Hang in there, i think you will get your GC quicker than I since yours has been transfered to CSC.

I know the feeling, so hang in there...it will come.

This brings me to my questions...

Has anyone else had difficulty receiving their biometrics appointment date and had to seek a service request to get one scheduled as we have?

Has anyone received their AOS appointment or green card without a biometrics appointment?

On our I-797C it reads that, "if required" a biometrics appointment will be scheduled. I would assume that this would be a requirement...correct?

Thanks,

Clayton

Hi Clayton!

We filed on Feb 13, received P1 on Feb 25 (sent on Feb 21) and our biometrics appointment was scheduled for March 15 at the Phoenix office. We will need to reschedule that appointment however.

I don't know about receiving the green card without biometrics -- I would presume that this is a 'no'.

I would schedule an infopass appointment with your local office if it is convenient. According to others, they might be able to do biometrics right then and there depending on how busy they are.

Wishing you luck through all of this,

ILS

Edited by I love Sunshine (see edit history)

scooby...Hoping as I have read, that being transferred to CSC is a good thing, but time will tell. Luckily you have had your biometrics, as most have in a timely manner and this is a good thing!

Wishing you a speedy and successful outcome. I'll be watching your posts and timeline.

ILS...Thanks for your update. Glad to know also that your biometrics date is scheduled. I am on your side with the thought of having a biometrics appointment is a requirement, but stay tuned. Lol. You just never know.

What is odd is that I and another CFL'er filed the same day and USCIS received the same day, yet we both have passed the 30 day mark for a scheduled appointment. Perhaps someone was asleep that day.

Thanks for the tip on the info pass at our local office. I will study up on this and follow through.

Wishing you all the luck also.

Clayton

What is odd is that I and another CFL'er filed the same day and USCIS received the same day, yet we both have passed the 30 day mark for a scheduled appointment. Perhaps someone was asleep that day.

Thanks for the tip on the info pass at our local office. I will study up on this and follow through.

Wishing you all the luck also.

Clayton

I think I am the "another CFL'er" :o

Gino...Lol. Welcome to the thread. :D

Hey, I haven't been active in a long time. You get to the US and get busy with other things, but we are getting ready to file I-751 at the end of this month. I saw on here someone said "hopefully you haven't moved since you filed." We have moved three times since we arrived back in the US. Will this be a problem? Or do you mean we hopefully will not move from the time that we file the I-751 to the receipt of the GC? Thanks for the clarification!

Toni had a nightmare experience with moving after she and her husband filed for AOS. You are supposed to notify the USCIS anytime you move. If you don't move after filing the I-751 you should be fine

they are slow these days. Ours took 7 months. You can't file the I-751 until you are within the 90 days before the conditional green card expires. From your timeline it looks like you have a few months yet.

I can't remember the exact date on the GC and I'm at work now. I will have to check when I get home. But, I remember I counted backwards from that date in my calendar a while ago and marked it. Hmmm....I'll double check when I get home. We are both working full time and going to school full time, on top of everything else. So, something may have got mixed up in my, already too full, brain. Thanks! I'll double check.

If your husband came in on a CR-1 visa it probably is getting pretty close to time to file. Once you do file you will receive a NOA letter. Guard this with your life, His green card will likely expire before the case is approved and this letter will be the only proof you have that he is legal in this country. It extends his green card for a year while the I-751 is being processed.