Moving soon, should I file COA & await confirmation...

My wife entered as K1 on 12/17... married 12/21. We are getting ready to submit all AOS forms. However, we are moving locally in 6 weeks. This leads to a few questions...

1/ Should we wait until moved, then file Change of Address (COA) before filing AOS forms? If so, do we wait for confirmation from USICS on the address change before filing AOS? Does USICS send some kind of receipt for COA?

2/ We have personal mail box close to our new location. Any issues with filing COA now to the mail box, or must it be physical living address?

3/ Has anyone filed COA concurrent with AOS?

4/ Are Forms I-865 (for me) and AR-11 (for her) the correct COA forms?

Thank You,

David

Guest Rob & Jin

My wife entered as K1 on 12/17... married 12/21. We are getting ready to submit all AOS forms. However, we are moving locally in 6 weeks. This leads to a few questions...

1/ Should we wait until moved, then file Change of Address (COA) before filing AOS forms? If so, do we wait for confirmation from USICS on the address change before filing AOS? Does USICS send some kind of receipt for COA?

2/ We have personal mail box close to our new location. Any issues with filing COA now to the mail box, or must it be physical living address?

Thank You,

David

You filed K-1 petition, then got married in the same month?

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

We filed the petition in March, interview in Dec, she landed US 12/17 and yes... we got married 12/21. We spent ALOT of time together in China last year.

Welcome to CFL..........

What would help is if you created a time line signature like most of the members here have done. That way when you ask a question the other members can see when you met and did all of the other things, like get married plus the rest.

Thank You,

David

You filed K-1 petition, then got married in the same month?

Entered the US, not entered the petition.