GC on the way

Shanghai is the capitol for dumplings?

VERY unofficial of course. ;) So dubbed by myself as this is where I first experienced real Chinese dumplings. :)

Harbin, I am told is the most famous for dumplings. I went to expert instead of us guessing. I also lick dumplings and find them a good festive food. So I think it is great you celbrated with dumplings.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations IllinoisDave!!! I really hope me and Xiao ping are as lucky as you guys!!! We are on our way to getting all our documents ready for our AOS! We hope we can be the next NO INterview and pass. We have a similar case as you guys. No prior marriages , same age, and no CCP and no KIDS. The only small problem I see is the income which always is a worry but we will get help of course in case it's needed!! Luckily in the K1 interview for my lao po , we had no problems! So , now here we go and again, I would like to extend my congratulations to you and your beautiful wife!! Hope you guys enjoy living happily ever after DAVE!!

From spacebar who has just written his second message since leaving USA back in Dec hahaa. :)

Dave and Christine, very nice and great news!! B)

1 year to green card, that is just not right!! :roller:

I really greased the wrong wheel................... :roller:

:P :lol: Thanks Mark.

I think we had a few factors that added up to smoother sailing for us than for some. First, I think we just filed at the right time. We missed all the problems created by the mass filings last summer.

Second, we just had a very simple case with no complicating issues. No divorces/kids,close in age,no CCP issue or other red flag items that can complicate a case. I think that we were just a very straightforward,boring case that NVC/DOS/USCIS/GUZ all looked at and said: "These people ain't gonna cause no problems, let 'em have it." :D

But by far the most important factor that allowed us to sail through the process was Candle and all the incredibly supportive,unselfish and informative people here who helped along the way. Because of the folks here our paperwork was always in order every step of the way. We didn't lose one day because of filing/paperwork issues. And for that we only have CFL to thank. :)

So, our thanks to all. :) And good luck to all those in a holding pattern over GUZ or about to enter it as well as those still waiting for various steps post-interview to be finished. I plan to do whatever I can to help those who helped us in our journey and will no doubt help in the future. ;)

Congratulations IllinoisDave!!! I really hope me and Xiao ping are as lucky as you guys!!! We are on our way to getting all our documents ready for our AOS! We hope we can be the next NO INterview and pass. We have a similar case as you guys. No prior marriages , same age, and no CCP and no KIDS. The only small problem I see is the income which always is a worry but we will get help of course in case it's needed!! Luckily in the K1 interview for my lao po , we had no problems! So , now here we go and again, I would like to extend my congratulations to you and your beautiful wife!! Hope you guys enjoy living happily ever after DAVE!!

From spacebar who has just written his second message since leaving USA back in Dec hahaa. :P

Thanks and welcome back spacebar. And a big congrats on your wedding! :roller: :roller:

What does Xiao ping think of our lovely Chicago weather so far? :lol: I know how great it feels for you to have her here with you. The rest is gravy now. :)

If I was a betting man, I'd bet you two will get to bypass the interview as well. As long as you've satisfied GUZ on your financials you shouldn't be an issue. (fingers crossed) :)

Good luck and enjoy married life.

• 2 weeks later...