K-Girls driving experiences..,.

OK.. I thought it would be fun for the ladies ( and maybe K-boys to, if any ) to write about their driving experiences... i.e... driver license.. first car.. hubby yelling and passing out from stroke at red light brake slamming.. :lol: :lol:

That can me moved to another forum later..

Yuhui, honey, would you do us the honor of relating your experience first ? ;)

The thread is opened !

Well... honey, it is too hard to tell except that my ears feel more tired than my hands and right foot...too much yelling " GO, GO, GO, WATCH OUT,, STOP,,, BRAKE... ..." Of course these were from MR. Exxx ;) :angry:

Frankly I am pretty proud of myself so far with just about 11 hrs' driving experience, including 8 with the instructor from knowing nothing at the very beginning ;) :lol: :lol:

Thanks my honey for the brand new car of course :P ...though I have suggested for a used car for a long time... the new one does make me more nervous with no doubt :( :(

Ok, honey, hope it won't be long I can go to Publix alone, this way you would avoid the most tiring errand :o :P :P

Wow, Yuhui, it sounds like you did pretty well despite the hubby yelling all different conflicting directions, I can see you kind of lurching toward the grocery store, but hey, no matter how bad you drive you must be a better driver than the majority of people on the road in Florida. I have not tried to teach Ping any driving yet, though she has been trying to retrain me, or else I am just picking up on that Wild East mentality for driving when she is with me and I have started driving kind of crazy myself, passing on the right, honking my horn, and asserting my presence more. Ping will laugh and say "China people coming!!!"

On my wifes first visit to the states I put her behind the wheel of my truck which was a standard. It didn't work too well for us :P Though once I put her on my lap and I let her steer we had better success.

A few weeks ago we went to "Computer Street" here in Nanjing and bought a steering wheel controler with gas pedals and a shifter. We also purchased some driving games. I figure this will be a good way to practice driving before we return to the states. I read a few stories on the web that stated that this is good practice for new drivers, so we figured why not....plus it's also a lot of and no one gets killed and my insurance rates stay low :D

On my wifes first visit to the states I put her behind the wheel of my truck which was a standard. It didn't work too well for us :P Though once I put her on my lap and I let her steer we had better success.

A few weeks ago we went to "Computer Street" here in Nanjing and bought a steering wheel controler with gas pedals and a shifter. We also purchased some driving games. I figure this will be a good way to practice driving before we return to the states. I read a few stories on the web that stated that this is good practice for new drivers, so we figured why not....plus it's also a lot of and no one gets killed and my insurance rates stay low :D

try a riding lawn mover..... :P :P

We are just now beginning the process of Li learning how to drive. We will start in parking lots and go from there. Also, there are a lot of country roads around here that are very isolated so we have many places to practice. :D :D :P

We are just now beginning the process of Li learning how to drive. We will start in parking lots and go from there. Also, there are a lot of country roads around here that are very isolated so we have many places to practice.  :D  :D  :o

Start with a riding mower. Have her mow the grass but pay her for doing so. :P ;)

Hi everyone,

First, I'm a nervous wreck during my frequent use of a taxi in China. Only after I realize that there is a certain 'awareness' everyone followed was I able to relax a bit. :D

Anyways, I came up with a few tips for my fiancee in general about pedestrian and driver rules here in the states. Feel free to add... hehe.

As a pedestrian

1. Do not cross diagonally in an intersection.

2. Do not stand inbetween lanes of oncoming traffic.

As a driver

1. Do not attempt to squeeze in between lanes though your car will fit.

2. A one way road is exactly that, a one way road.

3. Cars do not usually reach within inches of other cars, pedestrians, or bikers.

-Doug