Single entry tourist visa

Hi All,

Question for those who have traveled to China and who used a single entry tourist L visa ...

I know US passport holders can travel to Hong Kong and stay for a 30 day period without a visa. However, the visa for China will be checked (I believe) in Shenzen.

If I fly into Hong Kong, and then cross over to the mainland, could I day-trip to Hong Kong after "entering" the mainland, or not?

Thanks,

P.J.

I am not certain PJ, but I think if you have a single entry visa you will need to get a re-entry visa if you day trip to Hong Kong. I know that anytime I traveled to either HK or Macao, I needed to get a re-entry visa. But I was there on a work visa, type Z.

PJ,

I go to ShenZhen from HongKong everytime I see my other half. Your Visa is only good for one entry of 30 days. You don't need a visa to enter HongKong, Like youmulide said you can get a 6 month visa for mainland China in HongKong at any ctc office which most HongKong hotels have. You may even get one at the airport hotel, but you have to figure you will have to wait about 2 days for the visa and HongKong is expensive. If you want any information about ShenZhen, let me know, it is a great city. Once in China you can get a extended visa from any local police dept. for a fee.

Guest bilov

PJ

You can get a visa at the crossing at Lo Wu but it is only good for the stay in ShenZhen and you cannot go to any other places in China on that visa. If you get the multi Visa in Hong Kong It can be done the same day for an extra fee. I think it cost about 150 USD when I did mine 5 months ago. and the visa will be good for 6 months.

Hope this helps