Question on G-325

Claire, I was just reading over some of your other posts and I don't think you need a co-sponsor. I have been poring over the I-134 which was revised a year ago and I don't see anywhere in the instructions where you even need to give copies of income tax returns unless you are self employed. Even then you only need one year. Your income should be sufficient. Technically the I-134 is not a required document. It is but one way you can show adequate income that your fiancée won't become a burden on the state. A letter from your employer on company stationary stating The date and nature of your position, your salary and whether the position is temporary or permanent would suffice. I don't even see any mention of you having to make 125% of the federal poverty guidelines for the I-134. Once he is here you will have to file the I-864 and make 125% of the poverty guidelines but even then it states clearly in the instructions that only one year income tax returns are required.

Now the VO can ask for any document and can deny your fiancée if they feel you can't support him but as long you can show sufficient income for the most recent year I wouldn't sweat it.

Good luck Claire.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I would think it's best he sign it himself. But if you feel you can match his writing then I guess theres no problem. But I would feel safe to have the real signature.

are you submitting any real hand written letters to each other with your petition for evidence?

if so then its bets to have his signature since they will see his hand written skills.

Claire, I was just reading over some of your other posts and I don't think you need a co-sponsor. I have been poring over the I-134 which was revised a year ago and I don't see anywhere in the instructions where you even need to give copies of income tax returns unless you are self employed. Even then you only need one year. Your income should be sufficient. Technically the I-134 is not a required document. It is but one way you can show adequate income that your fiancée won't become a burden on the state. A letter from your employer on company stationary stating The date and nature of your position, your salary and whether the position is temporary or permanent would suffice. I don't even see any mention of you having to make 125% of the federal poverty guidelines for the I-134. Once he is here you will have to file the I-864 and make 125% of the poverty guidelines but even then it states clearly in the instructions that only one year income tax returns are required.

Now the VO can ask for any document and can deny your fiancée if they feel you can't support him but as long you can show sufficient income for the most recent year I wouldn't sweat it.

Good luck Claire.

:D Thanks man!

And thanks everyone! B)