Help!! want a good driving instructor in Houston

I, have the Houston instruction permit, want to learn How to drive, never drove before. Had an appointment with a driving instructor, but he didn't show up, didn't call me!!!

Anyone can recommend me a reliable instructor? I am at Westhimer and Kirkwood.

Edited by yuliki (see edit history)

I, have the Houston instruction permit, want to learn How to drive, never drove before. Had an appointment with a driving instructor, but he didn't show up, didn't call me!!!

Hi,

I'll have Jiaying call you when she gets home tonight, unless you've already talked with her. She had one, but only used him to help with the Learner's permit.

Hi,

I'll have Jiaying call you when she gets home tonight, unless you've already talked with her. She had one, but only used him to help with the Learner's permit.

Thanks Randy very much! You and Jiaying are always very helpful!!

Edited by yuliki (see edit history)

Of course I remember you! And thank you, our baby, Tiger, is almost 3 months old.

Hope Ping will come to the State very soon. Sure I want to meet Ping and let her teach me how to drive. Let us know we can get together anytime.

Lin, we met at David and Rong's wedding several months ago in Houston. At the moment I am in Guangzhou with Ping.

First, let me say that you have a beautiful baby. You were still very pregnant when we met.

Where you and Jim live is just 4 miles from where Ping and I live (Well, most of her clothes and things live with me now, at least, but she will be there as soon as we finish this visa process. We are on day 283 now since filing, so surely some day before too long we will be finished.).

Ping is one of the best drivers I have seen, and she has the best training in the world from driving in Guangzhou. She will need to study for and take the written exam in Houston, of course, but she wants to do that very soon after arriving.

If you are still going through your driving training after she arrives, or if you are still building your confidence in driving, perhaps it would be helpful for the two of you to work together. At the very least, I hope that the two of you will decide to meet, as my impression is that you have similar personalities and might enjoy spending some time together.

My wife found one about 3 years ago. He helped her all the way through passing the driving test. As I recall, he was well known at the DMV office at Hwy 59.

I am pretty sure my wife found him in an ad in one of the Chinese newspapers. I'll ask her when she wakes up and reply back if I get more details.

If you are still going through your driving training after she arrives, or if you are still building your confidence in driving, perhaps it would be helpful for the two of you to work together. At the very least, I hope that the two of you will decide to meet, as my impression is that you have similar personalities and might enjoy spending some time together.

Hey Lee, I hope you are having a good time in Guangzhou.

My wife is looking for a driving instructor as well.

• 2 months later...

As a follow-up post...

After my wife had scheduled appointments with a couple Chinese driving instructors who all did the "no show, no call" routine she found a good teacher.

Rong has become a good driver.

For those who have got the driver's license in Houston...Is it true the driver's test can be taken in Chinese? And is there a place took get the booklet in Chinese? I downloaded a CA one for my wife to study. It's not TX but driving is driving.

-Thanks

I took my wife driving last week for the first time; it's going to be awhile..

For those who have got the driver's license in Houston...Is it true the driver's test can be taken in Chinese? And is there a place took get the booklet in Chinese? I downloaded a CA one for my wife to study. It's not TX but driving is driving.

-Thanks

The written test can be taken with an interpreter that you supply. For the driving test, no interpreter is allowed, but pointing is all that is needed.

I have copies of 4 pages from the Chinese phone book - practice tests.

The older (2005) Washington state handbook comes in both English and Chinese - they line up page-by-page, whereas the new one doesn't line up so well. Texas doesn't have one in Chinese.

If you want any of these, send me a PM with your email address.

-Thanks

I swear there once was a Chinese manual, but it's been some time.

Does this help?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry356965

The file was still downloaded as of 2 seconds ago.

I swear that it's an option to take the written exam in Chinese, you'll have to call yer closest DPS office and ask em.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I just past my driving test a month ago. :D :cheering: :cheering:

I found a good Chinese driving instructor ( Mr. Chow, a Hongkongnese), he did a good job of teaching me how to drive as far as i am concered. I didn't use him for the written test, but I know he can do it.

If you want him do both wirtten and driving test and instruction, there is a package price. If you just want to do the driving lessons, it will be $28/ per hour, half the price of American instructors, I checked several driving schools before I found him.

Let me know if you want his cell phone number.

-Thanks