Progress!!

Got this in the email today. I think I am getting close after more than a year since we filed. Still have questions though - the verbiage seems to indicate there are other steps (ADIT processing, etc.) that need to be taken. Is that true or is it generic language USCIS uses to cover all situations. What I am getting at is this- Should I celebrate with the wife now (what perfect timing, valentine's day) or is it still premature?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On February 12, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks,

... Still have questions though - the verbiage seems to indicate there are other steps (ADIT processing, etc.) that need to be taken .... What I am getting at is this- Should I celebrate with the wife now ...? Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. ...or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. ...Thanks,

VJ has a note about this- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lofivers...hp/t106954.html

uscis says this about ADIT: (a) Act. The Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. (b ) ADIT. Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunications card, Form I - 89. Used to collect key data concerning an alien. When processed together with an alien's photographs, fingerprints and signature, this form becomes the source document for generation of Form I - 551, Permanent Resident Card. http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...d0774f39c6c1ad5

Were it me, I would celebrate- after I carefully read the welcome letter again to see what, if anything, is referred to about "ADIT."