Changing name on SS card after marriage

Just a quick follow-up: At the window during that visit, we insisted to the supervisor to take our application for the married name, which he (slowly and begrudgingly) did. We thought we made a mistake since they took her old SS card, leaving Sunshine with nothing.

But 10 days later we got the new card with the new (married name). Just goes to show that the people the SSA has working the counters - and their supervisors - know very little about the K-1 and Marriage and the effects on the SS card.

ILS, you used her Chinese name, then last name as middle, and your last name for SS and all AOS forms but 131??

Just a quick follow-up: At the window during that visit, we insisted to the supervisor to take our application for the married name, which he (slowly and begrudgingly) did. We thought we made a mistake since they took her old SS card, leaving Sunshine with nothing.

But 10 days later we got the new card with the new (married name). Just goes to show that the people the SSA has working the counters - and their supervisors - know very little about the K-1 and Marriage and the effects on the SS card.

ILS, you used her Chinese name, then last name as middle, and your last name for SS and all AOS forms but 131??

If my memory serves me correctly, I think we used that combination for all her forms, including the 131.