GUZ Responds To Several Questions

Late last night, close to midnight California time, and late Sunday afternoon in China, I watched as a representative from GUZ, logged in, and over about a 45 minute period, responded to several of the questions for GUZ, which had been previously posted by members and moderators. Refer to: GUZ Speaks Forum.

In my opinion, we are very fortunate here at CFL, to have this type of professional interface with the Consulate in Guangzhou. I think it is also noteworthy, that on a Sunday afternoon, close to the start of a major holiday in China, someone from the staff at GUZ, took the time to respond to member¡¯s questions. B)

Late last night, close to midnight California time, and late Sunday afternoon in China, I watched as a representative from GUZ, logged in, and over about a 45 minute period, responded to several of the questions for GUZ, which had been previously posted by members and moderators. Refer to: GUZ Speaks Forum.

In my opinion, we are very fortunate here at CFL, to have this type of professional interface with the Consulate in Guangzhou. I think it is also noteworthy, that on a Sunday afternoon, close to the start of a major holiday in China, someone from the staff at GUZ, took the time to respond to member¡¯s questions. :)

They answered 4 good questions Roger!!

K-2 needs to be at the interview, no matter the age!!

Daughter age 16 needs a police certificate!! <_<

Mark

In my opinion, we are very fortunate here at CFL, to have this type of professional interface with the Consulate in Guangzhou. I think it is also noteworthy, that on a Sunday afternoon, close to the start of a major holiday in China, someone from the staff at GUZ, took the time to respond to member¡¯s questions. :censor:

They answered 4 good questions Roger!!

K-2 needs to be at the interview, no matter the age!!

Daughter age 16 needs a police certificate!! :redmad:

Mark

Mark, I have told you in a PM and I will say it here in the forum, I would be very surprised/shocked if GUZ asked for a police report for your daughter, on the exact day of her 16th birthday. I think they will be very happy for her !! She and your sweetie, will have a very big birthday present on that day !!!! :ranting:

I know you may want to be safe, and some here will bring forth the negative view, but I just don't think it would be an issue.

In any event, I am so happy that you guys can see that light, very brightly now, at the end of the tunnel !! :angry: B)

The moderating team hasn't been watching GZ speaks as closely as we should. A few questions about specific cases were asked and GZ was kind enough to answer them anyway. Please read the rules for posting in GZ speaks.

Questions must be of a general nature and not about specific cases.

Replies are not allowed in GZ speaks unless they are a follow up question and on topic. We want to keep it question and answer. It is not a disscussion forum.

Questions must be of general interest to CFL members.

Please read through the forum before posting a question. If it has been asked before your question will be deleted.

Thanks guys and don't be afraid to ask tough questons.

Mark, With no negativity whatsoever, instead, a very unclouded, realistic view on life I tell you....GET the police report for the young lady.

NEVER fool yourself that GUZ is happy about anything, it could be your FATAL mistake.

I'll tell you a lil' story about how happy GUZ can be to the Chinese...The lil' rabbit's VO asked her how old she was, the lil' rabbit answered, "I'm very happy to say tomorrow is my birthday, I will be XX."

The VO muttered under her breath..."You think I care".

I wish your lady's the best at the interview, and, I wish you to not put on pink tinted glasses until those two visa's are pasted FIRMLY in the passports, and your ladys are gigglin' with joy as they leave the post office. Now is not the time to let your guard down, this ain't no damned game.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

The moderating team hasn't been watching GZ speaks as closely as we should. A few questions about specific cases were asked and GZ was kind enough to answer them anyway. Please read the rules for posting in GZ speaks.

Questions must be of a general nature and not about specific cases.

Replies are not allowed in GZ speaks unless they are a follow up question and on topic. We want to keep it question and answer. It is not a disscussion forum.

Questions must be of general interest to CFL members.

Please read through the forum before posting a question. If it has been asked before your question will be deleted.

Thanks guys and don't be afraid to ask tough questons.

I remember when GZ starting answering questions, it was a major plus for CFL'rs and I am glad to see someone is still taking time out of their day to do so. Regardless of how we feel about GZ and the process, would it make sense for a mod to let them know we do appreciate their time and attention?

Daughter age 16 needs a police certificate!! :rolleyes:

Mark

Mark, I have told you in a PM and I will say it here in the forum, I would be very surprised/shocked if GUZ asked for a police report for your daughter, on the exact day of her 16th birthday. I think they will be very happy for her !! She and your sweetie, will have a very big birthday present on that day !!!! :rolleyes:

I know you may want to be safe, and some here will bring forth the negative view, but I just don't think it would be an issue.

In any event, I am so happy that you guys can see that light, very brightly now, at the end of the tunnel !! :ranting: :redmad:

I don't know the specific details of Mark's situation but here's our experince with a child that did turn 16 in process- it appeared her P-4 was VERY imminent in late Sept/Oct 2005 based on timelines shown here and elsewhere.

Our daughter's CR-2 was received in GZ in 7-2005. She was ALREADY in the system at Guangzhou simply awaiting the P-4 interview letter. Approx. two weeks before her birthday on 10/05/2005 the case was returned to NVC for a NOW required name check termed "Administrative Hold" by the DOS call center. After a month her case was RE-returned to GZ and she started all over in line for the P-4 until her March 2006 interview.

My daughter turns 16 in April, I expect our interview to be scheduled for May or June... We are getting her police report.

After reading this though, I am really scared.

April will roll around, and they will want to return the application to NVC because she turned 16.

I will be so angry if that happens, not that it will do any good.. but SO frustrating.

I am with tsap. Get a police report.

Edited by credzba (see edit history)

Mark, With no negativity whatsoever, instead, a very unclouded, realistic view on life I tell you....GET the police report for the young lady.

NEVER fool yourself that GUZ is happy about anything, it could be your FATAL mistake.

I'll tell you a lil' story about how happy GUZ can be to the Chinese...The lil' rabbit's VO asked her how old she was, the lil' rabbit answered, "I'm very happy to say tomorrow is my birthday, I will be XX."

The VO muttered under her breath..."You think I care".

I wish your lady's the best at the interview, and, I wish you to not put on pink tinted glasses until those two visa's are pasted FIRMLY in the passports, and your ladys are gigglin' with joy as they leave the post office. Now is not the time to let your guard down, this ain't no damned game.

tsap seui

Yes we are getting one just in case, I tend to think on the positive side!! I always cherish and enjoy Roger's thoughts, but on this one she has to go back home and get an updated one for herself, so she will get two!! She is also getting 3 birth certificates and 2 divorce papers to bring here anyway!!

Mark

Daughter age 16 needs a police certificate!! :D

Mark

Mark, I have told you in a PM and I will say it here in the forum, I would be very surprised/shocked if GUZ asked for a police report for your daughter, on the exact day of her 16th birthday. I think they will be very happy for her !! She and your sweetie, will have a very big birthday present on that day !!!! :D

In any event, I am so happy that you guys can see that light, very brightly now, at the end of the tunnel !! :rotfl: :P

I don't know the specific details of Mark's situation but here's our experince with a child that did turn 16 in process- it appeared her P-4 was VERY imminent in late Sept/Oct 2005 based on timelines shown here and elsewhere.

Our daughter's CR-2 was received in GZ in 7-2005. She was ALREADY in the system at Guangzhou simply awaiting the P-4 interview letter. Approx. two weeks before her birthday on 10/05/2005 the case was returned to NVC for a NOW required name check termed "Administrative Hold" by the DOS call center. After a month her case was RE-returned to GZ and she started all over in line for the P-4 until her March 2006 interview.

Can you post your time line before GZU so I can see exactly what happened??

Mark and feng!! :D

Mark, I tend to think positive also. But with GUZ you NEVER take anything for granted, NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!

Credzba, buddy, a lil' fear is a very healthy attitude here and it may save your butt on interview day.

All you guys are going to succeed, but please don't let your guard down. Don't let others who breezed through the interview with a couple of questions lull you into letting down your defenses for even one second. What happened to us could have happened to any couples you have seen, ahead, or behind us, as they breezed through the interview.

I mean no disrespect to Roger whatsoever and I hope for his success, but man, I about fell outta my chair when I read what he wrote, and that's puttin' my thoughts gently and nicely.

A fellow, much much smarter than I went over interview, and our case, in detail with me the other day. His conclusion....they were gonna WHITE SLIP my lil' rabbit and our son. And, the only thing that saved them was our preparedness with every single detail, our rehearsals for the interview, and the lil' rabbit's focus and composure in the face of the extreme hostility of the interviewing officer.

Why were they gonna white slip her?

PROFILING!!!!.....hometown and recent divorce

Quotas

It's as simple as that.

I prepared the lil' rabbit for that interview like it was a life or death interview, I took nothing for granted, and we had all the blue slip evidence included.

I stood out there in the morning's line with 200-250 other women and most all of them were wearing tee shirts and carrying a 1/4 inch of evidence. My lil' rabbit had on a new white dress and was towing a wheeled double briefcase with 20 pounds of neatly labeled and divided evidence of a bonafide relationship...and she soon was treated like TRASH, by an American, from the time her number was called in the interview room and she got out of her seat to go to the VO's window...and it only went downhill as the VO tried her best to trip her up and make her lose her composure.

But...the VO saw she had someone that WAS PREPARED, and that, all the VO's anger and hostility wasn't going to put a dent in this prepared Chinese womans focus and composure.

I strongly hope the best for all of you guy's women at their interviews. For Gawds sake, don't let your guard down.

tsap seui

I am one of those that let his guard down. My then fiancee and I had no worries as we had the truth on our side and she brought plenty of evidence. But being unprepared in the sense of "guilty until proven innocent" caused me to let my guard down and BOOM the white!!!!

Cuzin Tsap was much smarter than I in these regards. If I would have known what he knew then my results would have been much different.

We were just an innocent couple very much in love and had nothing to fear. The VO saw this and proceeded to break my fiancee down and he did a very good job. Live and learn and try to help others from making my mistakes.

Mark, I tend to think positive also. But with GUZ you NEVER take anything for granted, NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!

Credzba, buddy, a lil' fear is a very healthy attitude here and it may save your butt on interview day.

All you guys are going to succeed, but please don't let your guard down. Don't let others who breezed through the interview with a couple of questions lull you into letting down your defenses for even one second. What happened to us could have happened to any couples you have seen, ahead, or behind us, as they breezed through the interview.

I mean no disrespect to Roger whatsoever and I hope for his success, but man, I about fell outta my chair when I read what he wrote, and that's puttin' my thoughts gently and nicely.

A fellow, much much smarter than I went over interview, and our case, in detail with me the other day. His conclusion....they were gonna WHITE SLIP my lil' rabbit and our son. And, the only thing that saved them was our preparedness with every single detail, our rehearsals for the interview, and the lil' rabbit's focus and composure in the face of the extreme hostility of the interviewing officer.

Quotas

It's as simple as that.

I prepared the lil' rabbit for that interview like it was a life or death interview, I took nothing for granted, and we had all the blue slip evidence included.

I stood out there in the morning's line with 200-250 other women and most all of them were wearing tee shirts and carrying a 1/4 inch of evidence. My lil' rabbit had on a new white dress and was towing a wheeled double briefcase with 20 pounds of neatly labeled and divided evidence of a bonafide relationship...and she soon was treated like TRASH, by an American, from the time her number was called in the interview room and she got out of her seat to go to the VO's window...and it only went downhill as the VO tried her best to trip her up and make her lose her composure.

But...the VO saw she had someone that WAS PREPARED, and that, all the VO's anger and hostility wasn't going to put a dent in this prepared Chinese womans focus and composure.

I strongly hope the best for all of you guy's women at their interviews. For Gawds sake, don't let your guard down.

tsap seui

I am sorry if my comments (in Post #4) may have bothered you. I was only trying to give encouragement to Mark. :huh:

I wish you well, and I [sincerely] hope that you will have a successful overcome in the very near future !!! Yes, it is really too bad that the process could not have been constructed better and made less stressful, than what it is, and what we all must currently deal with, in this regard.

Part of the problem is that many of the rules, regulations, and guidelines in effect today, were established a long time ago, in a completely different political/social era. I believe, that [without] sacrificing critical aspects of our national security/integrity, the process could be and should be, modernized and humanized for the benefit of USC¡¯s, who are not living in 1950¡¯s cold war era America; but have entered the 21st Century, and who live a national culture, far different from what it was fifty or sixty years ago. Each of us here, are representative and examples of some of that profound change.

Yes, I always try to keep my glass half-full; this, to maintain my own sanity, during the long journey. :ph34r: ;)

Best wishes and thoughts to you and your family; and hoping that this new year will bring forth a very positive outcome for you and yours !!!!!! :D :blink: :hug:

Quotas

It's as simple as that.

tsap seui

I am sorry if my comments (in Post #4) may have bothered you. I was only trying to give encouragement to Mark. :D

I wish you well, and I [sincerely] hope that you will have a successful overcome in the very near future !!! Yes, it is really too bad that the process could not have been constructed better and made less stressful, than what it is, and what we all must currently deal with, in this regard.

Part of the problem is that many of the rules, regulations, and guidelines in effect today, were established a long time ago, in a completely different political/social era. I believe, that [without] sacrificing critical aspects of our national security/integrity, the process could be and should be, modernized and humanized for the benefit of USC¡¯s, who are not living in 1950¡¯s cold war era America; but have entered the 21st Century, and who live a national culture, far different from what it was fifty or sixty years ago. Each of us here, are representative and examples of some of that profound change.

Yes, I always try to keep my glass half-full; this, to maintain my own sanity, during the long journey. :roller: :D

Best wishes and thoughts to you and your family; and hoping that this new year will bring forth a very positive outcome for you and yours !!!!!! :Dah: :D :D

Roger, I am truly happy that you took my words without any personal negativity, as I did, in no way, mean to disparage you as a man.

If I come on strong in converstations like this, it's because I am acutely aware of the crossed T's and dotted i's in this arbitrary and often insanely mindless process.

My "wife" and I have seen, and are now living the the reality of GUZ. I will never forget nor forgive the DOS and their representitives in the consulate for the despicable and contemptable manner in which my "wife" and "our" son were treated during their interview, and for the outright lies that were told me at ACH, the next day.

You have done a great job of preparing your family for the interview. I too, spent countless hours asking 75 questions over and over on the phone, and in interview rehearsals in person. Thank God my woman was prepared...she had already been given a blue slip 25 times or more by the time she went to her real interview. I didn't cut her any slack when I played the part of the VO in our rehearsals, but I also never treated her like a piece of shit like her actual VO did.

Until the other day with talking with a wise man, I never realized that by our attention to detail, and overwhelming evidence of a bonafide relationship, we had most likely avoided a white ship...and if GUZ had been intending to blue slip her, we would most likely have gotten a pink slip with our preparedness.

As my friend said, "Those VO's can get into trouble, and even lose their job for letting a bad person through, but they can get into NO trouble whatsoever for stopping a good person and making their life hell." Congressional letters and inquiries are worthless, as are letters to the President. The DOS clearly states in the letter that you get from them, that they do NOT intervene with a VO's decision. GUZ truly has no oversight if you get caught up in their 1950's Joseph McCarthy style idiotcy. Nobody can help you.

Hence, my attention to details and taking NOTHING for granted with GUZ. They are the government, and no, they are not there to help you.

Only YOU, can help you.

Roger, I do want to greatly thank you for some advice you gave a person in another thread about how many of the staff in GUZ will take two days vacation, yesterday and today, so they can get a whole week off. My friend, I have been at a loss as to what to say to my lil' rabbit tonight as there has been no activity on our case the last two days, when there was activity on the 29th, 30th, 31st and Feb 1st. Thank you greatly, you gave me something I can report to her that will make sense as she heads into her New Year. You don't know how much I appreciate that.

Good luck to all of you guys in que and soon to be in que. You will do fine, just don't ever let your guard down with GUZ.

tsap seui