Almost ready to submit AOS paperwork

Hello Everyone,

I'm almost positive Xuejing and I have everything in order for her AOS application.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was whether to include evidence of an on-going relationship: letters from friends/family who know us well stating our relationship is genuine, pictures, Christmas cards addressed to both of us, our apartment lease, joint checking account, etc.

Do you recommend including this information with our AOS submission?? Is it required?? Don't include that type of information now but bring it to a potential AOS interview down the line??

Okay thanks alot!!

Dan (and Xuejing)

AOS I-485 petition does not need any evidence of on-going relationship. This is needed if and when you have an AOS interview.

We followed the VJ guide to the letter and were approved without interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead (Do an I-765 for EAD code (C )(9 ) based in the pending I-485, and enclose the I-765 petition is same envelope as I-485. EAD has no extra cost involved when based on I-485.)

IF K-1 you may also do an I-131 and put that also in same envelope as the I-485, I-131 allows re-entry from a trip abroad while waiting for the green-card. I-131 costs nothing when based on the I-485.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks alot Dan!

I just had one other question with regards to how to fill out the G-28 form.

In the first part of the form, where it says: "I hereby enter my appearance as attorney for (or representative of), and at the request of the following named person(s):"

I enter my wife's name in the first name slot, because I will be the person representing her. And then do I check the "applicant" box because this G-28 form is with regards to her I-485 application?

As for who is requesting this, do I fill in my name as the person requesting this, my wife's name, or fill this in as non-applicable? For whichever case this is, would I check "Beneficiary," "Petitioner," or "Applicant?"

I haven't been able to find a filled in example of the G-28............Thanks!

Dan

Thanks alot Dan!

In the first part of the form, where it says: "I hereby enter my appearance as attorney for (or representative of), and at the request of the following named person(s):"

I enter my wife's name in the first name slot, because I will be the person representing her. And then do I check the "applicant" box because this G-28 form is with regards to her I-485 application?

As for who is requesting this, do I fill in my name as the person requesting this, my wife's name, or fill this in as non-applicable? For whichever case this is, would I check "Beneficiary," "Petitioner," or "Applicant?"

Dan

I confess to not being the expert on this form, we did not use it for either I-129F or I-485 case.

Jim_Julian is the expert on this form, I would PM him, and I am sure he will help you out.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=28422&hl=

I must give you thanks Dan even when you don't have the answer, when has that ever happened?!?!?

But seriously, thanks, and I'll definitely send Jim a PM. Through other threads regarding the G-28, I gathered how to fill out most of the form, but this (the questions from my previous post) was an area I just wasn't quite sure about.........

Dan~

Thanks alot Dan!

Dan

Yes, we checked applicant because she was applying for AOS/EAD/AP.

The "person requesting" is the same person as the person you are entering your appearance as representative for. They're both your wife. So only one box needs to be filled in.

You're basically telling them that you're representing her and that she requested that you do so. Legal mumbo jumbo.

It worked for us that way. :)

Edited by IllinoisDave (see edit history)

Thanks alot Dan!

Dan

Yes, we checked applicant because she was applying for AOS/EAD/AP.

The "person requesting" is the same person as the person you are entering your appearance as representative for. They're both your wife. So only one box needs to be filled in.

You're basically telling them that you're representing her and that she requested that you do so. Legal mumbo jumbo.

It worked for us that way. :)

Legal mumbo jumbo.....definitely not something I'm cut out for :(

Thanks alot IllinoisDave!!

Thanks alot Dan!

I enter my wife's name in the first name slot, because I will be the person representing her. And then do I check the "applicant" box because this G-28 form is with regards to her I-485 application? Yes, because for the I-485, she is the applicant filing for herself.

As for who is requesting this, do I fill in my name as the person requesting this No, my wife's name Yes, or fill this in as non-applicable No? For whichever case this is, would I check "Beneficiary," "Petitioner," or "Applicant?" Again, her name and address which will match the address of the I-485, and check applicant (she is filing for herself, thus becomes the applicant).

I haven't been able to find a filled in example of the G-28............Thanks! Me too.

Dan

Thanks alot Dan!

I enter my wife's name in the first name slot, because I will be the person representing her. And then do I check the "applicant" box because this G-28 form is with regards to her I-485 application? Yes, because for the I-485, she is the applicant filing for herself.

As for who is requesting this, do I fill in my name as the person requesting this No, my wife's name Yes, or fill this in as non-applicable No? For whichever case this is, would I check "Beneficiary," "Petitioner," or "Applicant?" Again, her name and address which will match the address of the I-485, and check applicant (she is filing for herself, thus becomes the applicant).

I haven't been able to find a filled in example of the G-28............Thanks! Me too.

Dan

Got it! Thanks Mike!