How long after GUZ receives the case that DOS will see in the system?

This time I called DOS myself instead of making my husband call. After like 20 mins, a lady with heavy Spanish accent answered and I could understand most of what she was saying, cuz it sounded like what DOS has been saying to Doug for all this time. She said that my case was loaded (I guess it meant mailed out from NVC?) but don't know what's going on, that it takes 2~4 months for them to receive info in their system from GUZ to find out what happened to my papers. Is this what DOS tell all of you guys??? What does that even mean? GUZ might/might not have received my physical papers but has not opened it yet? Approximately how long after GUZ receives my papers/opens my case, will DOS see in their system? SOOOOO LONG........... ="(

Almost immediately.

It takes at least 3-4 months for GUZ to "Receive" a petition after it leaves NVC. GUZ puts the cases in storage until they are ready to "receive" them.

But some people with 1 week earlier than me for NVC sent out time already heard their case "received" by GUZ in mid Jan. and even got their P3 this week! Why isn't mine touched yet?! >_<

Looking at your timeline, it has been 74 days since your file exited the NVC on route to the GUZ warehouse.

Most recently, these files have been retrieved/activated, in a range of 70 to 90 days from the NVC exit date. So you are still well within the typical/normal range of action.

Just as was our experience with the NOA-1¡¯s, the NOA-2¡¯s, and the exit from the NVC, each file is unique and can vary from petitioner to petitioner, as to an action date; notwithstanding, its chronological filing age. I can remember looking at posts over at VJ, wherein many with higher WAC #¡¯s than mine, were getting their NOA-2¡¯s a week or two before me.

Accordingly, as Rob says, ¡°any day now.¡±

And hopefully, prior to the start of the long Lunar New Year Holiday, next week.

I'm wondering if they are all stored in order of receipt and if there is any sort of process for taking in new batches.

It would seem they may take in new batches every 2-3 months, so if your package arrives soon after a new batch is taken, then you have the long wait.

If my package arrived 6 weeks after the last batch, then perhaps my package appears 'faster,' since it sits there for 6 weeks instead of 12 weeks?

Not sure how this stuff works. I had a friend say I should write to Guz and give them my NVC number and ask for an extension on my petition because it will expire before they look at it.

He's helped quite a few folks file a K1 and K3 and knows the petition will be renewed without my email or asking, but seems to be under the impression that if the USC sends in this request they may pay more attention to the case.

From what I have read and seen I don't think this would make any difference at all.

This time I called DOS myself instead of making my husband call. After like 20 mins, a lady with heavy Spanish accent answered and I could understand most of what she was saying, cuz it sounded like what DOS has been saying to Doug for all this time. She said that my case was loaded (I guess it meant mailed out from NVC?) but don't know what's going on, that it takes 2~4 months for them to receive info in their system from GUZ to find out what happened to my papers. Is this what DOS tell all of you guys??? What does that even mean? GUZ might/might not have received my physical papers but has not opened it yet? Approximately how long after GUZ receives my papers/opens my case, will DOS see in their system? SOOOOO LONG........... ="(

Loaded means electronically, not the good old paper stuff!!!

Like good old Rog said, 70-90 days, look at my recent time line and compare!!

Many rumors to where they go on CFL, Hong Kong by boat up the slow river to an old warehouse where they pick them up and use a bicycle to ferry them over to the white swan and then some guy gets around to grabbing a couple and then someone finally yells what the heck and loads a couple in the system, they then put a few stamps on an envelope and mails out your P-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :pilot:

Oh, that's right, there's an expiration date on I-129F! Mine ends on 2/24... Shouldn't GUZ touch the case BEFORE the expiration date though? So maybe I should wait until the week after Chinese New Year, and if still not received, I'll email GUZ for an extension, huh? Would they treat the case the same if the beneficiary emails? I always email them myself, haha. Went through some lost emails, dumb emails, lost faxes, but eventually my questions were answered.

Yea, I wonder about these orders too. since in this case, the papers just sit in the storage room. Unlike before when USCIS or NVC processed in different rates depending on the individual case.

She said that my case was loaded (I guess it meant mailed out from NVC?) but don't know what's going on. What does that even mean?

Hope this can help you understand the terms of NVC and DOS.

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

OPEN = This does not occur until AFTER GUZ signs by STAMP for the DHL package sent by the NVC. Within days to a few weeks after that, GUZ will enter information into the computer and the case is then considered to be "Open." The P3 is then mailed.

IN QUE = Namecheck, if any, and other paperwork is clear. Indicates that an interview date has been set. This is the final stage at GUZ before the interview.

Oh, that's right, there's an expiration date on I-129F! Mine ends on 2/24... Shouldn't GUZ touch the case BEFORE the expiration date though? So maybe I should wait until the week after Chinese New Year, and if still not received, I'll email GUZ for an extension, huh? Would they treat the case the same if the beneficiary emails? I always email them myself, haha. Went through some lost emails, dumb emails, lost faxes, but eventually my questions were answered.

Yea, I wonder about these orders too. since in this case, the papers just sit in the storage room. Unlike before when USCIS or NVC processed in different rates depending on the individual case.

Do not worry they will extend you............ :ph34r: and extend you!!