If you had a child born in China

I would like to know how the Chinese Medical system works. If your wife gave birth while in China and you were visiting would you have to pay or would the medical system there pay for it. There are some of us that have multable entry visas and some that have filed so they can visit while there visa process to permanant resident continues. Would you have to go through the paper process for your child to come here and would they be considered a Chinese citizen since they were born there?

• 3 weeks later...

Following the what if's here... If your Chinese girl had your child while you were somewhere in the process of getting her to the U.S. (presumably working on it longer than 9 months), would that help speed up the process? In other words, would having a child with a Chinese citizen help demonstrate that you are sincere about the marriage and not just arranging a temporary thing?

This is only my second post and I'm just starting this process, so forgive me if I'm ignorant about some things. :D

Following the what if's here... If your Chinese girl had your child while you were somewhere in the process of getting her to the U.S. (presumably working on it longer than 9 months), would that help speed up the process?  In other words, would having a child with a Chinese citizen help demonstrate that you are sincere about the marriage and not just arranging a temporary thing? 

This is only my second post and I'm just starting this process, so forgive me if I'm ignorant about some things. :unsure:

I wouldn't bet on it, the way things have been handled at State.

I would like to know how the Chinese Medical system works. If your wife gave birth while in China and you were visiting would you have to pay or would the medical system there pay for it. There are some of us that have multable entry visas and some that have filed so they can visit while there visa process to permanant resident continues. Would you have to go through the paper process for your child to come here and would they be considered a Chinese citizen since they were born there?

From my experiences while living in China, I think it is reasonable to expect that you would have to pay. The Chinese medical system does not pay for much. And further, they often demand payment up front. If you have "connections", like a doctor or hospital administrator, you may be given "special consideration". However, this special consideration also normally is accompanied by a "fee". As to the citizenship issues, I am not sure so I won't offer any advice here. Maybe Don or Owen has more details on this one. :unsure: