A week to go before our 1st meeting

Guest Tony n Terrific

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I registered it was a 5-10 minute deal. No biggie time wise. Sent the stamped receipt when I sent in K-1 as further proof we met.I had a Chinese teacher who strongly advised to have it done. Her reason was if a neighbor has bad blood with your SO then they could cause a great deal of trouble.

I'll ditto this, I unknowingly didnt register on my first 4 trips either, but later learned about it on CFL. So, I registered when we went back to Shanghai last year.

It almost takes more time to discuss it in this forum than to go do it. We walked to the police station, waited for someone ahead of us, then took care of it in a couple of minutes. 20 minutes in all.

I also figured if it was not important, they wouldnt know what we were talking about. But when my wife asked the officer, she knew exactly what we wanted, quickly found the right form, asked for my passport, and completed it. I think it was 10 RMB.

I go with the old cliches...'better safe than sorry' and 'better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it'.

If you are a large man I would not count on buying many clothes in china very easy. If it is cold where you are going to be bring some warm clothes. Think ice fishing for four or five hours and dress like that. :) almost every thing you do will be in the cold. A lot of places you will go to eat might not have windows and the cold just blows in . This all depends upon your travel plans. I have been on the great wall in January. it was a bit brisk