social security benefits

My wife has recently told me that several years ago she worked for a company but did not pay social welfare tax. She wants to go to another city where she can find work and pay this tax. She wants to collect her benefits starting at age 50. It is my understanding that the benefits are given to the women at age 50 and to the men at age 60. I told her that I would give her the money to pay the back taxes but she told me that I already give enough paying for the house we just bought.

Does anyone know if it is possible for the wife of a USC to collect USA social security benefits when the husband becomes deceased (kills over) while living in China?

A lot of companies in China fail to pay the required social insurance taxes for their workers. Unfortunately, an individual cannot just decide to pay these on their own at a later date. She'd need to go through the administrative process at the labor bureau to force her former employer(s) to pay.

I may be wrong, but I think that if one is qualified to collect US Social Security, it doesn't matter where they live. I know of retirees living overseas who get their social security check every month. Probably worst case scenario is that she has social security direct deposit the money into her US bank account and then have the funds wired to her in China.

Thanks Bill as always. :o I will address this concern with my wife.

I did mention this to my wife and she said she would give the money straight to the government herself as she would not trust her former employer to do this.

Unfortunately, you cannot give the money directly to the government yourself. It must come through the employer who will certify that you are not just trying to cover for a period of unemployment to regain entitlement to benefits.

Perhaps she can get documentation from her employer and then present that and the money herself to the government.

My wife has recently told me that several years ago she worked for a company but did not pay social welfare tax. She wants to go to another city where she can find work and pay this tax. She wants to collect her benefits starting at age 50. It is my understanding that the benefits are given to the women at age 50 and to the men at age 60. I told her that I would give her the money to pay the back taxes but she told me that I already give enough paying for the house we just bought.

Does anyone know if it is possible for the wife of a USC to collect USA social security benefits when the husband becomes deceased (kills over) while living in China?

A lot of companies in China fail to pay the required social insurance taxes for their workers. Unfortunately, an individual cannot just decide to pay these on their own at a later date. She'd need to go through the administrative process at the labor bureau to force her former employer(s) to pay.

I may be wrong, but I think that if one is qualified to collect US Social Security, it doesn't matter where they live. I know of retirees living overseas who get their social security check every month. Probably worst case scenario is that she has social security direct deposit the money into her US bank account and then have the funds wired to her in China.

Thanks Bill as always. B) I will address this concern with my wife.

I did mention this to my wife and she said she would give the money straight to the government herself as she would not trust her former employer to do this.

Unfortunately, you cannot give the money directly to the government yourself. It must come through the employer who will certify that you are not just trying to cover for a period of unemployment to regain entitlement to benefits.

Perhaps she can get documentation from her employer and then present that and the money herself to the government.

Gotcha Bill :D Perhaps sometimes I misunderstand her :( Thanks as always and I will talk to her more about this.