vaccination and medical report for k3

Hi, guys...

for vaccination?.....is it better done in china or should i have my wife done here in the u.s?....Does it need to to be done EXACTLY in those clinics that are assigned by the USCiC..or can it be done at any hospital i am planning to have my wife get it done in the hospital that i work for since it's gonna be covered by my insurance....what do you guys think.....what's the correct way to get it done?.....is I-693 (MEDICAL REPORT FORM) needed to be filled out for AOS?.....i know my wife doesn't keep a copy of the medical report when it was done for the interview....the cosulate took it........Does anybody know what's in the brown packet that you get from the consulate when your spouse passed the interview?.....Do they put the medical report inside?.....anyway....just want to figure out how to file for AOS properly when my wife gets here....any help will be appreciated......AND THE X_ray? do we need to carry back to the u.s?.......thank you guys........

Andy

Save a bundle of cash get the vaccinations done in China before coming to the USA, they will issue a yellow book, that you will later take to a US Civil Surgeon to get transfered to a Vaccination supplement used when adjusting status.

We had them don at the medical center in Guangzhou after our visa interview.

I-693 is NOT needed for AOS from a K-Visa, just a supplement (I-693A) They put the medical report for USCIS in the brown envelope.

Bring the x-ray with you, It probably wont be needed for anything, but you may use it as a base line if you have any future medical problems.

I've been reading about this supplement, but I still don't quite understand. So, the I-693 is in the brown sealed envelope or K1 doesn't need the I-693? What about the supplement? How does one go about getting that? My wife did her vaccinations and medical in Beijing and has the yellow book. Will she need to do anything else before filing for AOS?

Save a bundle of cash get the vaccinations done in China before coming to the USA, they will issue a yellow book, that you will later take to a US Civil Surgeon to get transfered to a Vaccination supplement used when adjusting status.

We had them don at the medical center in Guangzhou after our visa interview.

I-693 is NOT needed for AOS from a K-Visa, just a supplement (I-693A) They put the medical report for USCIS in the brown envelope.

Bring the x-ray with you, It probably wont be needed for anything, but you may use it as a base line if you have any future medical problems.

I know it's relatively a lot cheaper to have it done in china....my question is since those vacinnation is or should be covered under my insurance ( i have added her name to my insurance) at the hospital i work for.....i should have her get it done here and then take the result to the US. civil surgeon.....CAn i do that?.....or it has to be been at the assigned us civil surgeon ( which is probably a few hundred) if it's not done in china?...

thanks...

I know it's relatively a lot cheaper to have it done in china....my question is since those vacinnation is or should be covered under my insurance ( i have added her name to my insurance) at the hospital i work for.....i should have her get it done here and then take the result to the US. civil surgeon.....CAn i do that?.....or it has to be been at the assigned us civil surgeon ( which is probably a few hundred) if it's not done in china?...

thanks...

You get the shots anywhere you wish and at any price. The civil surgeon simply transcribes from the yellow book onto the I-693A - ours charged $10 to do this. The surgeons have this form and will give you a copy.

Andy's wife is a K3. As I recall, don't K3's need immunizations complete in China?

ALL K-Visas are NON-Immigrant and NON-Immigrants do not need vaccinations done for the Visa.

Just like K-1, K-3 needs to get vaccination record transfered to a supplement for adjustment of status.

the bottom line is simply 'proof' of the immunization;

- previously given so you produce a book showing it

- previous given but you have no proof; Some report that the CS accepted the scar on the arm as proof and others report needing to go get a blood test to prove it.

- dont' have: So as randy says, get it anywhere for any cost... just furnish proof.

The issue is that CS's vary on the standard requirement... that's par for this process, isn't it!

Some CSs will say you need the second booster for MMR; although most don't... you don't know till you meet with the CS and they decide what you need still.

Get what shots and proof you can get... and go to the CS. If the CS wants something more, you can take care of it and return (usually without any extra fee since you just satisfying the requirement he checks off).

The hassle is that some CSs say you MUST have a physical... and this is not true. The I-485 instructions make it clear that a K# visa holder does not need a physical if still within one year of the last physical.. so bring this in case of any dispute.

Tell them, you don't want to pay for a physical since you already have one... you only want to pay for the I-693A

the bottom line is simply 'proof' of the immunization;

- previously given so you produce a book showing it

- previous given but you have no proof; Some report that the CS accepted the scar on the arm as proof and others report needing to go get a blood test to prove it.

- dont' have: So as randy says, get it anywhere for any cost... just furnish proof.

The issue is that CS's vary on the standard requirement... that's par for this process, isn't it!

Some CSs will say you need the second booster for MMR; although most don't... you don't know till you meet with the CS and they decide what you need still.

Get what shots and proof you can get... and go to the CS. If the CS wants something more, you can take care of it and return (usually without any extra fee since you just satisfying the requirement he checks off).

The hassle is that some CSs say you MUST have a physical... and this is not true. The I-485 instructions make it clear that a K# visa holder does not need a physical if still within one year of the last physical.. so bring this in case of any dispute.

Tell them, you don't want to pay for a physical since you already have one... you only want to pay for the I-693A

thanks guys

unfortunately, my wife doesn't have a record of it....she got some shot i think when she was born....she told me there are several scars on her arm resulting from those shots....and there are 11 of them for the AOS requirement....isn't that too much?......not all of them needs to be given rite?....does she need to go see an assigned CS?....or just any family doctor....she's already included in my medical insurance...and i plan to have our physican give her all the necessary shots and have the CS sign it for the I-693a.....is it ok?......

She's from shanghai........anybody know which hospital she can take the shots there if it's cheap in china...?.....thank you

Only proof of three immunizations are required;

1) Td

2) MMR

3) Varicella

from a member's post, who got shots in SH:

shots are at 15 Jin Bang Lu (Turn left at 1701 Ha Mi Lu (Road)). It uses both addresses and there are blue street signs near it. Hours: M-F 8-11:00, 1-3:00PM., Phones: 62686428, 62688851. Shots will be given here, a yellow book issued

Shots received: Td Primary series, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella. She was told she needs a second dose at 42-60 days from now. Can be done in China OR US. Fee was RMB 296.

best to call ahead to confirm.

----

Again, shots can come from anyone... just need proof of it.

YOU MUST see an approved CS to fill out the I-693a... they don't have to give any of the shots but MUST fill out the form.