From Start to finish

Hello everyone,

Now that we are waiting for her passport here in GUZ, I want to write about our process, hope it may help other like us.

our timeline

I first came to China for work in 2002, and had been living in Beijing since then. Met my wife in April of 2005

and

we moved in together in June.

Feb 2006: I proposed to my wife

March 2006: my sister's operation (breast cancer)

July 2006: my mother's tumor operation

July 2006: we decide to postpone our wedding

Dec 2006: find out my wife is pregnant

Feb 2007: we file for marriage license in China

April 19 2007: Filed I-130 with USCIS in Beijing

July 2007: Birth of our son

Oct 2007: receive our son's US passport

Oct 28 2007: Receive appointment letter from GUZ

Dec 19 2007: Interview - received Blue slip

Dec 22 2007: called for drop off date

Jan 14 2008: Arrive GUZ - attends Petitioner's hour

Jan 15 2008: Drop off Overcome document

Jan 17 2008: Visa approved

she said her interview lasted for long time, and asked time we met, when did we get married, any kids, when did I come to china for first time, what do I do, met my parents? do I have house in US? can speak Korean? why hasn't my parents come to china to see you or baby, why no wedding ceremony, etc..

On the blue slip, it asked from me (petitioner)

-why no wedding?

-where is your permanent residency in US, show proof

-why didn't your parents come to see wife or baby

-what do you do in China

Our overcome documents included;

-answers to blue slip questions

-evolution of relationship letter

-our relationship timeline

These were notarized at GUZ consulate on tuesday morning before she dropped it off.

-letters from friends, family, pastor in US, our apt. landlords in Beijing

-letter from my mother's doctor

-medical report for my sister's operation

-proof of my US residency (mails)

everyone's case is different but hope our story would help for those who are getting ready,

Justin's family

Justin I am very happy for your success. But I find it appalling that one has to give GZ personal family medical records as evidence of a bona fide relationship.

You sound surprised! There is a LOT appalling about this process Chilton.

but then, we as US citizens are loosing our rights at a terrifying rate here on the continent.

Why should you be surprised that a remote consulate would be less considerate of basic rights?

We all know that with INS, they hold all the cards, you either play by their rules, or don't play.

Justin I am very happy for your success. But I find it appalling that one has to give GZ personal family medical records as evidence of a bona fide relationship.

You sound surprised! There is a LOT appalling about this process Chilton.

but then, we as US citizens are loosing our rights at a terrifying rate here on the continent.

Why should you be surprised that a remote consulate would be less considerate of basic rights?

We all know that with INS, they hold all the cards, you either play by their rules, or don't play.

Believe me I am not surprised. Anyone with less than half of a brain can see that Justin's family is indeed bona fide. GZ as well as the rest of our government just likes to exercise control over its people. It's only the beginning I'm afraid of much larger control measures to come.

DITTO!! Chilton...........

They must have thought he was a gypsy or something!!! :D :unsure: :huh:

On my evolution of relationship letter and answer to blue slip question, I stated it was my mother and sister's operation for reason why we had no wedding ceremony nor my parents couldn't come to visit my wife or to see our baby when he was born.

Since I stated these reasons, I included proof of their medical reports and doctor's letter as evidence. Just in case.

Everything I stated on my letter, I did provided proof as evidence.

I figured then we will less chance of getting another blue slip asking for its proof.