Interview coming soon

My wife's interview is February 25 and while I know I can't attend the interview itself, I've been told that my presence in Guangzhou is recommended so as to add legitimacy to the marriage and to improve our chances of obtaining a visa. Is this true?

I want to go so that I can help her with her belongings and also to insure she has no problems at the various flight changes on her trip to the states, but there are certain circumstances that I don't want to get into at this moment that would make it better if I DON'T go....

What are your opinions? Should I make plans to be there or does my presence matter at all? I don't want to jeopardize anything at this point but it may be best for us for various reasons that I stay home and hope for the best. Any suggestions?

I did not go with my Fiancee at the time of her interview. You cannot go in with her to the interview which is nuts. So they intimidated my wife and she got denied. It either will be painless or painfull, and it will only take 20 mins to find out.........just the facts

If it were me and I had to do all over I would be there, These people on here are great and they will give you great advice.

First Good Luck and hope all goes well for your family!!

Many on CFL have, many have not! My lawyer tells me if everything is in order and you have prepared, it is not needed. I can not go because I am saving my limited days off to spend with my two girls when they get here!

If I did have the time off and $$ to do it, I would be there for sure. I know the waiting around here for a cell phone call is going to kill me! :baby:

No, if you are not there, it is not a deal-breaker. And, as many have stated previously, it is a matter of personal circumstance.

I will be there because I want to ensure my Lao Po and daughter's comfort and safe, timely arrival at the Consulate on the morning of the interview. Even though she lives in an outlaying district of GZ (close to the new airport) we will get a hotel the night before close to the Consulate. I want to try the new Westin, just a short block away, for the one night.

Also I want to be close by on the 4th floor in the coffee shop, to wait for them when the interview is concluded. I would not do well over 7, 000 miles away at that moment.

Next, it is important to me to take care of all the logistics of getting them packed, saying their goodbyes, and getting to and through the airport process without any stress on them, and no last minute problem or issue.

Last, I want to be with them at the POE in Los Angeles. I could not leave them to deal with the mob-scene at LAX, then the immigration officers, and at the same time have to struggle with half a dozen large bags, all while I am waiting down at the street !! :roller:

For me, there is no question that I will be there with them, for this life-event.

I am fortunate that my current work situation with my long time career, allows me the flexibility to accomplish this. I realize that many cannot get this amount of time off of work, even though they would so much want to be there.

As others have said, it is not necessary to be there, and for some, it is not feasible to go.

However, IMO, if one can do it, it is not only helpful and supportive, but it is another great time to be together and build your relationship, and a memorable experience for you both. It can give her a good boost in confidence knowing you are there, plus she has another pair of hands to help her. My at-the-time-fiance was quite nervous and frazzled, and so I took other burdens off of her, such as helping her remember things, buying breakfast, etc and so on, I did everything so that she only had to focus on the interview. So, the support can be wonderful. And if she gets a blue slip, being there is an even greater support rather than letting her be alone during that time.

Obviously, time, money, work, family, and other obligations all can weigh in on your decision, and many simply unable to make it, and as Roger said, it is not a dealbreaker.

However if you have the time and money, and no other roadblocks, then by all means, go and give her your love and support, and have a great and memorable time together.

Good luck to you both !

I went, for my fiancee's interview, and made my presence in Guangzhou known by attending ACH, and giving Yu my passport to bring into the visa interview.

Our interview just so happen to be the week after spring festival last year so was convenient for me to be there anyway.

As others say it is not a requirement to be there, it is just nice to be there to support your loved one at that critical period of time.

I was talking with my wife last night about this.

I have 1 week of vacation left.

I left the kitchen sink folder with her over the holidays.

I will continue to send her updates to the folder.

I meet all the financial obligations easily, and I've been to China 4 times in the last year.

So, I hope.. hope.. our interview will go easily.

I ask my wife, "I only have 1 week vacation, I can either be with you for the interview, or I can come bring you back to America when your ready to move, but I can't do both. Which do you prefer?"

She said, come bring me to America, in China I can handle everything easily, in America I know nothing.

So, I wont be with her for the interview.

If things go bad, I will take unpaid leave, and go immediately to help resolve them, if things go good, I will just go to collect my loved ones when they are ready.

If it is just your "preference" to not be there, then you should go.

If you can't go, then its not really a discussion is it?

Guest Rob & Jin

[

I ask my wife, "I only have 1 week vacation, I can either be with you for the interview, or I can come bring you back to America when your ready to move, but I can't do both. Which do you prefer?"

She said, come bring me to America, in China I can handle everything easily, in America I know nothing.

So, I wont be with her for the interview.

If things go bad, I will take unpaid leave, and go immediately to help resolve them, if things go good, I will just go to collect my loved ones when they are ready.

If it is just your "preference" to not be there, then you should go.

If you can't go, then its not really a discussion is it?

Got to agree, I think its more important to spend the time together when she gets here, Jin thinks so to.

if your retired, or a super rich business owner then its not a issue as you can do both, working stiffs cannot.

Jin does not think it important for me to be there for the interview, better to be there when she arrives, and I agree.

This is just us.

I want to try the new Westin, just a short block away, for the one night

Roger, Beautiful hotel, and it is not block away, but it is right next building.. :lol:

I was so lucky to stay there when FedEx delivered our documents late, since I was able to RUN from Westin lobby to consulate, carrying my baby within a min. :blink: :D

Roger, Beautiful hotel, and it is not block away, but it is right next building.. :(

I was so lucky to stay there when FedEx delivered our documents late, since I was able to RUN from Westin lobby to consulate, carrying my baby within a min. :cold: :D

Yes CBS, we went there for lunch one afternoon last spring, the very first week the Westin opened. Member SirLancelot had given me a heads-up on the place. We did not stay there, but checked it out, after visiting the Consulate bldg. The Italian restaurant on the very top of the hotel, was not open yet, but the buffet on the second floor was. It was very good. It just seemed to be about a block away, even though it is closer. :violin4: :D

I have taken Lao Po to the Consulate bldg. about five times now, twice for ACH¡¯s and a few more, just to get her used to the layout of the bldg and the 4th floor coffee shop. The newer Tee Mall, is very close, so we could do this all very easily, on a day we were downtown shopping anyway. Of course, this was doable for us as she lives in GZ and that makes it very convenient to run by anytime.

I really love Guangzhou and I have spent so much time in and out of the city with Lao Po, that my comfort level there is very high. Having grown up in LA, and worked downtown, I am used to the heavy traffic and the busy atmosphere.

My wife laughs when I give the taxi drivers directions on how to get from one place to another in the most expeditious manner. If I didn¡¯t have my little guys here at home, I would spend a lot more time in GZ.

Let us know when you get back home to SF !!! ;)

Roger, Beautiful hotel, and it is not block away, but it is right next building.. :(

I was so lucky to stay there when FedEx delivered our documents late, since I was able to RUN from Westin lobby to consulate, carrying my baby within a min. :cold: :D

Yes CBS, we went there for lunch one afternoon last spring, the very first week the Westin opened. Member SirLancelot had given me a heads-up on the place. We did not stay there, but checked it out, after visiting the Consulate bldg. The Italian restaurant on the very top of the hotel, was not open yet, but the buffet on the second floor was. It was very good. It just seemed to be about a block away, even though it is closer. :violin4: :D

I have taken Lao Po to the Consulate bldg. about five times now, twice for ACH¡¯s and a few more, just to get her used to the layout of the bldg and the 4th floor coffee shop. The newer Tee Mall, is very close, so we could do this all very easily, on a day we were downtown shopping anyway. Of course, this was doable for us as she lives in GZ and that makes it very convenient to run by anytime.

I really love Guangzhou and I have spent so much time in and out of the city with Lao Po, that my comfort level there is very high. Having grown up in LA, and worked downtown, I am used to the heavy traffic and the busy atmosphere.

My wife laughs when I give the taxi drivers directions on how to get from one place to another in the most expeditious manner. If I didn¡¯t have my little guys here at home, I would spend a lot more time in GZ.

Well Roger great thoughts as always!!

I wish I could be there, rather spend it with her here!!

She has already traveled to GZU twice with our P-3 and tells me she will have no trouble there, she has it covered!! God I love her!! ;) ;)

Roger, Beautiful hotel, and it is not block away, but it is right next building.. :roller:

I was so lucky to stay there when FedEx delivered our documents late, since I was able to RUN from Westin lobby to consulate, carrying my baby within a min. :rolleyes: :D

Yes CBS, we went there for lunch one afternoon last spring, the very first week the Westin opened. Member SirLancelot had given me a heads-up on the place. We did not stay there, but checked it out, after visiting the Consulate bldg. The Italian restaurant on the very top of the hotel, was not open yet, but the buffet on the second floor was. It was very good. It just seemed to be about a block away, even though it is closer. :helpsmilie: :D

Well Roger great thoughts as always!!

I wish I could be there, rather spend it with her here!!

She has already traveled to GZU twice with our P-3 and tells me she will have no trouble there, she has it covered!! God I love her!! ;) :D

Hey Mark, twice it great, that will work !!!

Yes, doesn't it feel so good, to be able to love so deep and so true !!!??

I don't know how these other guys can talk/think about the damn super bowl ??? My full attention is on my baby and when she will be here. B) :tomato:

BTW, when are you going to get that P-4 and an interview date !!?? Rob and I are tired of waiting for you to get out of the way !!!! :( :lol: