How can my wife transfer her educational credentials?

My wife needs to get her educational credentials evaluated by a company called "World Educational Services" (www.wes.org) in order to keep her job.

However, World Educational Services requires copies of my wife's transcripts direct from the Chinese Ministry of Education. Furthermore, these transcripts need to be translated in English.

We have no idea how to get these. My wife attended secondary school in Shenzhen, and had three years of college at an obscure school called the Guangzhou Nanyang College.

Has anyone encountered such a challenge? If so, how do I go about getting her credentials translated and sent to the United States?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

First, tell the company that the Chinese Department of Education doesn't store students transcripts. The DOE issues the Diploma and Certificate of Graduation and has records of those. I guess what the company means by that is asking for both the Diploma and the Certificate of Graduation issued by the DOE.

As to the transcript, your wife will need her college to prepare for it and translated. Your wife can find someone locally to help her with this and mail her when ready. All documents need to be stamped by the College. Some situation even requires the transcript sealed in the college envelop and the envelop should have the college seals on it and not be opened when submitted.

Edited by Cathy (see edit history)

My wife needs to get her educational credentials evaluated by a company called "World Educational Services" (www.wes.org) in order to keep her job.

However, World Educational Services requires copies of my wife's transcripts direct from the Chinese Ministry of Education. Furthermore, these transcripts need to be translated in English.

We have no idea how to get these. My wife attended secondary school in Shenzhen, and had three years of college at an obscure school called the Guangzhou Nanyang College.

Has anyone encountered such a challenge? If so, how do I go about getting her credentials translated and sent to the United States?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Cody,

Sighhhhhhhh! This has never been discussed before....

That aside, go to post #17 and many responses here! http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...berus&st=15

Dave