K3 Visa Overcome

Guest Rob & Jin

"evolution of the relationship" is a letter you and your SO write to GUZ to state how your relationship was developed. Lulu wrote it in Chinese and I wrote that in English, 3 pages each with a clear time line cover sheet.

Lots of phone cards will keep calling log so you can print them (www.oubiz.com).

Best wishes,

Gino & Lulu

Thanks again, Gino! Wow, 3 pages...you must've written in a lot of details. Does it have to be 2 copies from the each of us? My written Chinese sounds like 1st grader... @*_*@

I guess these are all stated in the kitchen sink, I should go check it out during the boring Chinese new year...

Our evolution letter is just 1 page a timeline with a little detail, keeping it simple I thought was best.

Of course it can depend on how long you have known eachother, # of visits, etc...

some comments here hit upon a misconception that 1000 lbs of evidence is more important than 1 letter which explains the relationship...

and it's not either/or...

Anybody can sit at home and write hundreds of emails and chat online... Is that really supposed to impress the consulate that this is the greatest relationship they have yet seen? They see this on probably close to all cases.

The only thing I see that one can put their hat on is the DCF since that shows the couple is living together based upon a work visa. That's the kind of effort the consulate doesn't see too often and rarely finds a problem with...

For the rest of us, we need to find what it takes to satisify any given VO on any given day.. and the mileage will vary...

• 2 weeks later...

Prayers for us as well !

best of luck

Miccor

Like so many others, the stories are all so similar.... we also received the blue slip last November 13, 2007. They asked I hand write a statement of our first and second meetings, when we first met in person and later married.

Fortunately, we were able to mail in the statement so they received it November 15, unlike many others who must make an appointment to submit the requested information.

Then the waiting game began again.

Today my wife received a letter telling her to return to Guangzhou with her passport. We are hopeful this leads to the visa sometime next week.

Tonight she is on a bus to Guangzhou, and tomorrow afternoon she will hand in her passport.

We will keep you posted....but if all goes well, we are reunited in 2 or 3 weeks, and this time in the USA (although, quite frankly, I'd prefer to be with her in China now!).