Seeking advice about Guangzhou

Thanks muchly, Clement and family! Got it. If the rates still hold my wife (an irrepressible money saver) will love it. And it will be great to have someone shepherd her around as I won't be able to be with her this trip.

Many thanks to all of you for your good wishes. An interview is the BIG step. Success there means no more of this junk.

I understand the name of the hotel the Yang's have in the "Tian Yu Garden". What is it is Chinese ("Tian Yu Yuen"?). Does anyone have a phone number or an address for them? It would help my wife because she doesn't speak English and she could probably use the assistance they offer. I need to stay in Henan and work!

We really do appreciate all the encouragement and support.

You can find Mr. Yang Jia Hua's contact info here - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=312486

In answer to your first question. I've heard other people say that 4 days before the interview is good. (Be sure to get advice of others though, because we had the medical exams done in Beijing before we went down to GUZ). We arrived the day before the interview.

Don't worry about the hotels. Just contact Mr. Yang and he will sort it out. When we went he led us to another hotel across the park (she will see), that was cheaper and nicer. Just a five minute walk to the consulate.

Good luck on the interview! She'll do fine.