My fiancee K1 interview.

plau

6/27/2007 - Notice of decision - requires my missing G-325A plus $385. (my bad I mistaken left it out in the first place).

I would wonder how GZ consulate gave her a interview date if they stated she had applied in June 2007? How they manage their database is a big question to me.

I wonder if these two things might be related? Could the second G-325A have screwed up the computers at USCIS? Just wondering out loud.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although it was stated a [first] G-325a was never sent...

So the only thing I could see is if a two A# got assigned somehow... then you could have the exact person in the system twice (?)

One way to check would be to review all NOAs.... and maybe even call USCIS.

BTW: This happened to my wife when we went through AOS... we were able to quickly recover from it at the very moment it looked like we might 'fail' the interview...

Plau, I sure hope one of the "easier" scenerio's listed her e may be your trouble and that you will be able to get things straightened out.

Good luck,

tsap seui

Now I can see why it is important to get all the paper work needed for each step in at the right time or it "could have the potential" of causing big problems.

I'm not saying this is what happened here, but it is a good potential of what happened. Computers are only as good as what is put in and people do fat finger at times.

Some good suggestions here, but initially wouldnt a blue slip to try to clear it up make more sense before issuing a white?

Just sounds like white is a bit extreme based on these circumstances.

Not really, if the VO had evidence, even erronious evidence and sincerely believed that she had been petitioned for a visa before and was lying to him, it would be his duty to deny the visa.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

Hi All,

My fiancee went for her interview in GZ with all the required documents. When she was called up to the window, after the polite greetings, the first words mentioned to her was that she had applied in July 07. When my fiancee honestly replied that this is a first time here from a far away small town, the interview told not to lie. Then followed by a few simple relationship questions and finally given a denial slip to go home. Of course she cried all the way home and cried for a few more days.

I do not know what went wrong or is it a mistaken id or computer error to accused my sweet fiancee of lying. Since I know her over the 2 yrs, it was her first visa application and first trip to GZ city, she just barely got her passport prior to the interview.

With your help, please direct me what option is best for her to succeed. Should I continue to persude the K1 or get married and apply for spouse visa? Will hiring a attorney be more successful?

Thank You for reading. Best wishes.

Sorry for the lateness but here's my timeline which I finally gathered up.

April 2006 - Met fiance during a trip to ancestor's home.

1/18/2007 - USCIS notice of I-129F & application fees received.

6/27/2007 - Notice of decision - requires my missing G-325A plus $385. (my bad I mistaken left it out in the first place).

7/17/2007 - USCIS notice of G-325A and payment received.

7/23/2007 - I-129F approval and notice of forwarding to NVC.

8/20/2007 - NVC approval and stated it will be forward to Guangzhou.

9/??/2007 - Fiance receives K-1 package from GZ.

10/??/2007 - Fiance returned all required documents.

Late December 2007 - Fiance received interview date and reference #.

1/9/2008 - Fiance accused of previouly applied in the interview opening sentence and given the white slip after a few short questions.

I would wonder how GZ consulate gave her a interview date if they stated she had applied in June 2007? How they manage their database is a big question to me.

At this moment we decided not to have attorney look at the K-1 denial case due to lack of finiancial funds. I decided to start over by getting married and go K-3. It will take longer but at best it gives us time to understand the whole process. Maybe my bad I rushed in too soon, too much confidence after reading others success stories.

Again I thank you all for the suggestions and help, I still welcome your suggestions and positive comments.

best wishes to you and yours - all CFL members.

Plau I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your situation. I totally understand how finances can be a big burden. But I want you to read this article: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm.

I chose to do the same thing you are doing although our reasons for the white slip may differ. Please read this article so you can understand what can happen. And as always let us know how we can help.

Chilton747

Great article! Thanks for digging this up. This is something we all need to know.

Some good suggestions here, but initially wouldnt a blue slip to try to clear it up make more sense before issuing a white?

Not really, if the VO had evidence, even erronious evidence and sincerely believed that she she had been petitioned for a visa before and was lying to him, it would be his duty to deny the visa.

Not to mention if the VO wants to keep his/her job. The VOs can only be reprimanded for allowing scammers visas into the US. Never will they be reprimanded for denying innocent people.

Not really, if the VO had evidence, even erronious evidence and sincerely believed that she she had been petitioned for a visa before and was lying to him, it would be his duty to deny the visa.

Not to mention if the VO wants to keep his/her job. The VOs can only be reprimanded for allowing scammers visas into the US. Never will they be reprimanded for denying innocent people.

From reading the article that would seem to be the hard cold truth. It is just like those that are not guilty of a crime being sent to prison and years later the justice system says, "Oops, we made an error". <_<

Carl & Chilton, you both make good points. I do think, and I am sure everyone probably agrees, that a blue slip would have been more appropriate than a white. Perhaps a VO with more experience would have done so.

Hi All,

My fiancee went for her interview in GZ with all the required documents. When she was called up to the window, after the polite greetings, the first words mentioned to her was that she had applied in July 07. When my fiancee honestly replied that this is a first time here from a far away small town, the interview told not to lie. Then followed by a few simple relationship questions and finally given a denial slip to go home. Of course she cried all the way home and cried for a few more days.

I do not know what went wrong or is it a mistaken id or computer error to accused my sweet fiancee of lying. Since I know her over the 2 yrs, it was her first visa application and first trip to GZ city, she just barely got her passport prior to the interview.

With your help, please direct me what option is best for her to succeed. Should I continue to persude the K1 or get married and apply for spouse visa? Will hiring a attorney be more successful?

Thank You for reading. Best wishes.

Sorry for the lateness but here's my timeline which I finally gathered up.

April 2006 - Met fiance during a trip to ancestor's home.

1/18/2007 - USCIS notice of I-129F & application fees received.

7/17/2007 - USCIS notice of G-325A and payment received.

7/23/2007 - I-129F approval and notice of forwarding to NVC.

8/20/2007 - NVC approval and stated it will be forward to Guangzhou.

9/??/2007 - Fiance receives K-1 package from GZ.

10/??/2007 - Fiance returned all required documents.

Late December 2007 - Fiance received interview date and reference #.

1/9/2008 - Fiance accused of previouly applied in the interview opening sentence and given the white slip after a few short questions.

At this moment we decided not to have attorney look at the K-1 denial case due to lack of finiancial funds. I decided to start over by getting married and go K-3. It will take longer but at best it gives us time to understand the whole process. Maybe my bad I rushed in too soon, too much confidence after reading others success stories.

Again I thank you all for the suggestions and help, I still welcome your suggestions and positive comments.

best wishes to you and yours - all CFL members.

Plau I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your situation. I totally understand how finances can be a big burden. But I want you to read this article: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm.

I chose to do the same thing you are doing although our reasons for the white slip may differ. Please read this article so you can understand what can happen. And as always let us know how we can help.

Chilton747

Great article! Thanks for digging this up. This is something we all need to know.

When you get a chance, browse through the FAQ and you will find all kinds or information that will be a great help to you.

Good luck!!

Carl & Chilton, you both make good points. I do think, and I am sure everyone probably agrees, that a blue slip would have been more appropriate than a white. Perhaps a VO with more experience would have done so.

That is a very reasonable response Ken. However, the VOs see many cases each day and their training is geared toward profiling. They have tunnel vision and can only see things one way. How do I know this? My congressman's office told me this just after my white slip. They are getting many complaints from their constituents about GZ as well as the Romanian consulate.

We can easily see things from the outside but the VOs only see things from the inside.