Question # 9 on the I-129F form

Question 9 requests the names of Prior Spouses. My father was divorced over 30 years ago before he met my mother. He and my mother were married for 30 years before she passed away. Does he still need to provide the name of his 1st wife. And will he then have to locate a divorce decree for the first wife?

Question 9 requests the names of Prior Spouses. My father was divorced over 30 years ago before he met my mother. He and my mother were married for 30 years before she passed away. Does he still need to provide the name of his 1st wife. And will he then have to locate a divorce decree for the first wife?

Yes. The divorce decree will be available to purchase at the courthouse where it was filed/granted.

Yes. The divorce decree will be available to purchase at the courthouse where it was filed/granted.

Also extensive info may be requested at visa interview, like address and SSN of first wife.

How do you go about locating a woman you haven't seen in 30 years in order to obtain her SSN?? Wouldn't even know where to begin.

Better start now, I have read quite a few blue slips issued for this information.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23794

How do you go about locating a woman you haven't seen in 30 years in order to obtain her SSN?? Wouldn't even know where to begin.

Better start now, I have read quite a few blue slips issued for this information.

Okay, so SSN, address, and divorce decree. That is what we need on her? Anything else? The utility bill was mentioned, but if we can get the SSN do we still need a utility bill?

Okay, so SSN, address, and divorce decree. That is what we need on her? Anything else? The utility bill was mentioned, but if we can get the SSN do we still need a utility bill?

I would not worry about the utility bill.

Whoa, here! Before you invest too much effort in the former spouse - asking for SS numbers is very rare, especially considering how long it has been. I would do my best to get the decree, but even there, it may not be needed. At the very least, however, type up a description of the situation, how long it's been, and why you can't get the decree.

Phone #, location, and SS # MIGHT be helpful, if you can easily get that information, but take care of the other stuff first.

Guest Rob & Jin

I dont want to be an ass , but why isnt your father doing this petition work?

Can't he read and write English ?

Just trying to get a handle on why you are doing all the work.

No problem at all. lol. I offered to help. My father is taking my sister and I to China on his next trip to meet his fiancee and her family. He is insistent on paying for the ticket. So I guess I am trying to find a way to "pay him back". I could have never afforded a trip to china on my own, so wanted to do something to help him out. And also, he has had a rough time of it the last few years. My mother (his last wife) passed away after almost a year of battling cancer. He is finally happy again, and I just want to help. He is not too good with paperwork and all the details. I just want things to work out for him.

No problem at all. lol. I offered to help. My father is taking my sister and I to China on his next trip to meet his fiancee and her family. He is insistent on paying for the ticket. So I guess I am trying to find a way to "pay him back". I could have never afforded a trip to china on my own, so wanted to do something to help him out. And also, he has had a rough time of it the last few years. My mother (his last wife) passed away after almost a year of battling cancer. He is finally happy again, and I just want to help. He is not too good with paperwork and all the details. I just want things to work out for him.

Your a good daughter. :)