I-129F packet question

Do any of the forms in the I-129F packet need to be notarized or apostilled? And if so, are there any requirements that the notary's license not expire for a certain amount of time after she has notarized a document? (When we adopted our son, in addition to all the paperwork, you had to be very careful that your notary's license didn't expire within a year of the paperwork being filed, if it did, you get to start over).

We are gathering documents for the I-129F packet. Anything we need to specifically watch for?

Nothing in the initial I-129F packet to USCIS needs to be notarized, in fact nothing needs to be certified copies, ordinary photo copies of all evidence is acceptable.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

ALSO tip for assembling the package:

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:
  • Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

Later for visa interview the I-134 used to show support needs to be notarized.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Nothing in the initial I-129F packet to USCIS needs to be notarized, in fact nothing needs to be certified copies, ordinary photo copies of all evidence is acceptable.

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

ALSO tip for assembling the package:

In preparing your packet, please take note of the following:
  • Do not use binders or folders that cannot be easily disassembled.

• Use ACCO fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.

• The use of tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. The tabs should be placed on the bottom and not the side for ease in filing.

• Avoid using heavy-duty staples; instead use ACCO fasteners or heavy clips.

• Avoid submitting originals unless specifically required. Avoid submitting oversized documentation when possible.

Later for visa interview the I-134 used to show support needs to be notarized.

Thanks! Love garfield by the way! LOL

Oops, had one more question (for now, lol). On the I-129F there is a section that requires my father's fiance to write her name/address in her native alphabet. Is this something that we can do, or does she have to be the one to write it in? My father will not see her again until the end of April, should we mail it to her and have her write it in and have her mail it back to us?

Oops, had one more question (for now, lol). On the I-129F there is a section that requires my father's fiance to write her name/address in her native alphabet. Is this something that we can do, or does she have to be the one to write it in? My father will not see her again until the end of April, should we mail it to her and have her write it in and have her mail it back to us?

There is a version of the I-129F in adobe format that is FILLABLE - IE - you can open it up in Adobe Reader and type in the boxes.

IIRC, this box is also fillable.

Now, if yer father has some chinese language support on his computer (for IE, for Adobe, for IME) then he can copy her name in chinese characters from YIM, MSN, email, even a MS Word document, then PASTE it into this form whilst filling it out in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If that's not doable for you -

then it's time for a bit of old fashioned copy/paste -

take the form thats filled out (mostly), then

take a printout of her name in chinese, cut it down to fit the block in the form, tape/glue it into the block, then

make a photocopy of it all.

The photocopy is now his MASTER document.

hth !

Guest Rob & Jin

If you can write in chinese, then you can do it.

There is a version of the I-129F in adobe format that is FILLABLE - IE - you can open it up in Adobe Reader and type in the boxes.

IIRC, this box is also fillable.

Now, if yer father has some chinese language support on his computer (for IE, for Adobe, for IME) then he can copy her name in chinese characters from YIM, MSN, email, even a MS Word document, then PASTE it into this form whilst filling it out in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

If that's not doable for you -

then it's time for a bit of old fashioned copy/paste -

take the form thats filled out (mostly), then

take a printout of her name in chinese, cut it down to fit the block in the form, tape/glue it into the block, then

make a photocopy of it all.

The photocopy is now his MASTER document.

hth !

Thanks! I'll give it a try! Do you know how I can get the Chinese characters to show up on my computer? I tried changing the language options on my computer and it requested my computer disk, but says I am missing a file and cannot complete the request to accept Chinese characters.