finally i filed the I-129F/I-130

i just want to thank everyone for the welcome,and for all the information.i have to admit i had no idea bringing my wife here was going to be so complicated.it just seems strange that illegal aliens run across our border and are here in two days,and it doesnt cost them nearly the time,effort or money that a natural born american citizen has to give.but i guess thats how it is.all i know is i love my wife and i will do whatever it takes.and as far as im concerned i want to go the fastest route,the money does not matter,if she can work or not does not matter,just that we are together we both agreed.heh we even talked about me going there,but that doesnt seem possible.anyway thanks again,i hope im posting these messages correctly,im kind of PC challenged.

...Remember if you file the I-129f, USCIS policy is now to NOT process the I-130, so you can't effectively go both, and just take the faster one...

I thought I was doing pretty good about staying on top of the news here but this is the 1st I've heard about this - which part of cfl do I need to be keeping a closer eye on for this kind of news ?

Each and every post in these 4 sections. You catch bits and pieces here and there,but it all adds up. It took me over 2 months when I joined to read each post going all the way back to when CFL started. Each member has the choice to stay around and joke in TC and such, or become informed, the choice is always yours.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=20

I was referring to where he said the policy is 'now' to not process, which contradicts all the previous bits and pieces I've seen, and which sounds to me like a recent change, and I was wondering how I missed news about a recent change since I'm staying on top of the new posts that happen every day

Sorry if I have given the impression that I'm only here to joke - it's just my way of trying to balance all the things there are to worry about and analyze to death in all of this

Public Notice

November 14, 2006

USCIS Announces Transfer of Form I-129F (K-3-spouse of U.S. Citizens only), Petition for Alien Fiancée

Beginning October 23, 2006, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) National Benefits Center (NBC) began transferring Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fianc(e), (petitions for K-3-spouses of U.S. citizens only), to the California Service Center (CSC) and the Vermont Service Center (VSC), depending on the location of the related Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This transfer is being implemented in preparation for Phase 3 of the USCIS initiative to use centralized filing and bi-specialized adjudication.

Through this Bi-Specialization effort, USCIS continues to align similar workloads between two ¡°sister¡± service centers, CSC and VSC, to better manage cases and improve customer service.

USCIS will continue to forward approved Form I-129F (K-3) petitions to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing. However, it will retain approved Form I-130 petitions, based upon a mutual agreement with the Department of State.

USCIS will retain all approved Forms I-130 for retrieval upon the beneficiary¡¯s eventual application for adjustment of status (Form I-485), unless the petitioner clearly indicates on Form I-130 that the beneficiary will use the consular process. USCIS will store approved Form I-130 petitions at its National Record Center (NRC)......

thanks Roger, sorry you had to spend time on this but it's a good thing you did and I do appreciate it, because I see now that my confusion was from thinking that this was something recent - I never would have found something from back in 2006. So now I'm confused instead about the posts that have been made since then, where people here were still talking about doing the 129 and the 130 both, then picking whichever went fastest - why didnt somebody slam them at the time for not being informed, instead ?! It's all good - figuring out which end is up and what's acceptable here is good practice for dealing with the feds, I guess.

Guest hi5pro

Welcome to CFL, the long wait and growing waistline and shares in cheetos.

The best advice I can give you is only listen to Trigg, Roger, Mikey, Dennis and of course me. The rest here dont have a clue. :ph34r:

Good luck

Welcome to CFL, losfer1

Stay away from Rob and you'll be ok :blink: . Good luck on your case.

Best wishes,

The Newly Wedded Gino & Lulu :D

Welcome to CFL, the long wait and growing waistline and shares in cheetos.

The best advice I can give you is only listen to Trigg, Roger, Mikey, Dennis and of course me. The rest here dont have a clue. :ph34r:

Good luck

Welcome to CFL, losfer1

Stay away from Rob and you'll be ok :roller: . Good luck on your case.

Best wishes,

The Newly Wedded Gino & Lulu :)

Good advice from the happy couple!!!!!!!!! :roller: