My P-3 was hand delivered last week and now my feng is getting everything else ready to go. I gave her the start of our "kitchen sink" when I was there in October along with my 134 support information. It had everything that I was told to have with it as told to me by many smart members here. The three years of IRS transcripts, employer letter, and a letter from my bank, for both K-1 and K-2!

MY question and concern from the Mrs. is should I send here my 2007 return?? We should get our interview in late February or March and she thinks she should have it with her?? I will not even get my W-2 until later this month and then do my return by the first of February.

Note: Yes she hand delivered the P-3, did not want to chance sending it!! :(

My P-3 was hand delivered last week and now my feng is getting everything else ready to go. I gave her the start of our "kitchen sink" when I was there in October along with my 134 support information. It had everything that I was told to have with it as told to me by many smart members here. The three years of IRS transcripts, employer letter, and a letter from my bank, for both K-1 and K-2!

MY question and concern from the Mrs. is should I send here my 2007 return?? We should get our interview in late February or March and she thinks she should have it with her?? I will not even get my W-2 until later this month and then do my return by the first of February.

As a rule not set in stone, GZ does not require the 2007 tax's utill the deadline filing date (April 15). However, as the interview date comes closer to that date in April it may be wise to supply it if you can. GZ has been known to do strange things for no good reason that we fully understand.

Bottom line, if you can get them done when you receive all your documents needed to file, I would get it done and send her an updated I-134 with the 2007 1040 + W-2. It is what we did, and they accepted them.

As a rule not set in stone, GZ does not require the 2007 tax's utill the deadline filing date (April 15). However, as the interview date comes closer to that date in April it may be wise to supply it if you can. GZ has been known to do strange things for no good reason that we fully understand.

Bottom line, if you can get them done when you receive all your documents needed to file, I would get it done and send her an updated I-134 with the 2007 1040 + W-2. It is what we did, and they accepted them.

The 134 will only be 2-3 months old by the time she gets to GZU, and then just attach the extra tax forms and W-2 to both I guess!

If I can get it done in time?? We might just have an early time slot after she hand delivered it?? ;)

Was there not a thread on here lately about Chinese women and there, well you all know what I mean!! :bathfun:

Note: Yes she hand delivered the P-3, did not want to chance sending it!! :headbang:

The 134 will only be 2-3 months old by the time she gets to GZU, and then just attach the extra tax forms and W-2 to both I guess!

If I can get it done in time?? We might just have an early time slot after she hand delivered it?? :headbang:

Was there not a thread on here lately about Chinese women and there, well you all know what I mean!! :whip:

Know it all to well.

Your current I-134 is fine (2-3 months old), but if you choose to turn in any 2007 paperwork before the April 15 time frame, I would also turn in an updated I-134 to go along with it (everything matchs). If you get the early interview date, then no worries. If it is a little later, then if you have your 2007 taxs done, send it to her, no big deal either way. After April 15, then you will need it for sure.

Note: Yes she hand delivered the P-3, did not want to chance sending it!! :headbang:

If I can get it done in time?? We might just have an early time slot after she hand delivered it?? :headbang:

Was there not a thread on here lately about Chinese women and there, well you all know what I mean!! :whip:

Know it all to well.

Your current I-134 is fine (2-3 months old), but if you choose to turn in any 2007 paperwork before the April 15 time frame, I would also turn in an updated I-134 to go along with it (everything matchs). If you get the early interview date, then no worries. If it is a little later, then if you have your 2007 taxs done, send it to her, no big deal either way. After April 15, then you will need it for sure.

Mike as always thanks and will talk to you before Chinese New Year in Chicago!!

Note: Yes she hand delivered the P-3, did not want to chance sending it!! :victory:

What's "kitchen sink?" And where do I find it? Thanks! =)

It is what some of the people here think is needed in their interview bag to bring to GZ. Some feel the more the better, some think only do what is needed. Each has it's own results, no clear pattern at all. Some have a 200g folder and pass, some have 5kg and get the blue. You have to do what you think is best for you. Some excellent reading is in this link.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)

I think Mike is right on the money here with his response.

From most of the anecdotal information herein (post interview feedback) the VO¡¯s, if they do look at the I-134 financials, will most often look at the current or most recent year¡¯s tax return and not poke through prior years. So, yes, the closer to the April filing date, the better to have the most recent return and avoid any questions.

I feel fortunate in that I will have my 2007 return completed by the end of January or beginning of February, in time for her to have two [joint] returns, 2006/2007, in her possession. As soon as my tax guy completes our 1040, I will express mail it to her for signature.

Question for Mark: Did she deliver the package to the Shamian Island office, or to the newer office downtown ?? Were there any issues (security guards and/or staff etc.) over hand delivery vs. the mail ?? As my Lao Po lives in GZ, I had already thought about doing this, when it is time.

Note: Yes she hand delivered the P-3, did not want to chance sending it!! :victory:

It is what I am throwing if we get the wrong color!! :P :D

I think Mike is right on the money here with his response.

From most of the anecdotal information herein (post interview feedback) the VO¡¯s, if they do look at the I-134 financials, will most often look at the current or most recent year¡¯s tax return and not poke through prior years. So, yes, the closer to the April filing date, the better to have the most recent return and avoid any questions.

I feel fortunate in that I will have my 2007 return completed by the end of January or beginning of February, in time for her to have two [joint] returns, 2006/2007, in her possession. As soon as my tax guy completes our 1040, I will express mail it to her for signature.

Question for Mark: Did she deliver the package to the Shamian Island office, or to the newer office downtown ?? Were there any issues (security guards and/or staff etc.) over hand delivery vs. the mail ?? As my Lao Po lives in GZ, I had already thought about doing this, when it is time.

Rog let you know as soon as I chat with her today!

Mark and feng!!

Guest hi5pro

I agree with Mike too.

Don't give them anything more. They normally ask to see the financial documents at the end of the interview and I think they've already had the decision in their mind by then. The VO just collected our I-134 and did not even look at it. Hope it'll help.

Best wishes,

The Newly Wedded Gino & Lulu :wacko:

Edited by hi5pro (see edit history)

I agree with Mike too.

Don't give them anything more. They normally ask to see the financial documents at the end of the interview and I think they've already had the decision in their mind by then. The VO just collected our I-134 and did not even look at it. Hope it'll help.

Best wishes,

The Newly Wedded Gino & Lulu :ph34r:

That is my plan, if early not going to send it, if March then will Fedex it to her!! Thanks for the help!!

Mark and feng!! :roller: