Chinese Employers Accused of Goon Hiring

The story reminded me of the anti-labor wars in our country. It makes me wonder if China must go through all of the troubles that our country experienced to become the modern society it is today.

It is a very good possibility. Perhaps they can learn a few lessons from us.

Guest Rob & Jin

They've obviously learned a thing or two about union-busting from us. :surprise:

It'll be interesting to see if the Central Gov't nips this kind of stuff in the bud before it becomes an epidemic.

You mean organised labor ? :rolleyes:

They've obviously learned a thing or two about union-busting from us. :surprise:

It'll be interesting to see if the Central Gov't nips this kind of stuff in the bud before it becomes an epidemic.

No, I mean organized thuggery trying to prevent honest people from earning a decent, honest living. :cheering:

No, I mean organized thuggery trying to prevent honest people from earning a decent, honest living. :cheering:

As in taking people's money and promising them something that they cannot deliver. The Chinese people aren't stupid.

Guest Mike and Lily

They've obviously learned a thing or two about union-busting from us. ;)

You mean organised labor ? B)

No, I mean organized thuggery trying to prevent honest people from earning a decent, honest living. ;)

I agree. China needs to nip this in the bud as well as the local government's crooked land deals.

No workers right.

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080106/china_attac..._activists.html

Chinese Employers Accused of Hiring Hoodlums to Attack, Cow Labor Organizers

That is a very sad story and in my second city!! I can not wait to get her out of Shenzhen, even though both of us will miss it for sure!! :blink: :wacko:

No workers right.

-------------------------------------------------------------

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080106/china_attac..._activists.html

Chinese Employers Accused of Hiring Hoodlums to Attack, Cow Labor Organizers

Huh? This is news???

Over the past twelve+ years I have never noticed a week where stories like this were not in the newspapers.

This would have Karl Marx turning over in his grave. After all he was a commissioned Agent to write the Communist Manifesto for the League of Just Men.

They've obviously learned a thing or two about union-busting from us. :)

Illinois Dave you love to find fault and contempt in our Countrymen. What about Tinamen Square in 1989? The Cultural Revolution that destroyed millions of lives for Mao's political gain? I am sure you where very busy reading some little red book when these lessons where given in AMERICAN SCHOOLS or maybe you had a fascination with the SDS.

They've obviously learned a thing or two about union-busting from us. :D

Illinois Dave you love to find fault and contempt in our Countrymen. What about Tinamen Square in 1989? The Cultural Revolution that destroyed millions of lives for Mao's political gain? I am sure you where very busy reading some little red book when these lessons where given in AMERICAN SCHOOLS or maybe you had a fascination with the SDS.

Thomas, when you said "SDS", would that be Students for a Democratic Society?

They were the jokers that threw tomatoes, rocks, and eggs at us when we got off the freedom bird in California from Nam. Welcome home boys, here's ya some fruit and eggs. It was my first impression of being back in good ol' America. :nonono:

Inside airports, at that time, they made things exciting for soldiers waiting in the gates for their flights. We had the Hairy Chrisna's tryin' to sell us pencils outside the airports and, inside, the SDS were screamin' that we were baby killers....oh what a time, fun was had by all ;)

Fairdinkum, I am.

tsap seui

They've obviously learned a thing or two about union-busting from us. :D

Thomas, when you said "SDS", would that be Students for a Democratic Society?

They were the jokers that threw tomatoes, rocks, and eggs at us when we got off the freedom bird in California from Nam. Welcome home boys, here's ya some fruit and eggs. It was my first impression of being back in good ol' America. <_<

Inside airports, at that time, they made things exciting for soldiers waiting in the gates for their flights. We had the Hairy Chrisna's tryin' to sell us pencils outside the airports and, inside, the SDS were screamin' that we were baby killers....oh what a time, fun was had by all B)

Fairdinkum, I am.

tsap seui

You see Thomas this IS America as witnessed by one of many of our veteran heroes. NOW, what you say??????????????????

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)