Birth Certificate worries...

My Chinese fiance was born in the countryside from a home-birth. There are no official hospital records of her being born.

What can we do about this since the Guangzhou interview requires birth certificates from both of us?

My Chinese fiance was born in the countryside from a home-birth. There are no official hospital records of her being born.

What can we do about this since the Guangzhou interview requires birth certificates from both of us?

A good place to start is GUZ Speaks.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16315

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showforum=25

The regulation says:

Birth documents of the Beneficiary:

1. Original Birth Certificate issued by the hospital

If the Original Birth Certificate is not able to submit, please providea letterhead certificate issued by local public Security Bureau certifying the original is kept on record or at loss. The exact date of birth and the names of the parents should be listed on the certificate;

2. Notarial Birth Certificate

A certificate, which certifies the name of the Beneficiary, his/her date of birth and the names of the parents.

This certificate must be applied with the local Notary public office.

3. Notarized Translation of the Original Birth Certificate.

A certificate, which includes a copy of the Bene's original birth certificate and a full English translation.(If a copy of the original Birth Certificate cannot be submmitted, a copy of the Certificate form the local public Security Bureau and a notarized full English translation must be submitted instead.)

Notarial birth records are the most common method in China. I believe it requires her household book, ID card and money for the fee.

Be advised when she goes to get these she will want to get enough to bring originals to the US with her. Many people recommend 3, the consulate will eventually keep one and that gives you 2 for use in the US.

Notarial birth records are the most common method in China. I believe it requires her household book, ID card and money for the fee.

Be advised when she goes to get these she will want to get enough to bring originals to the US with her. Many people recommend 3, the consulate will eventually keep one and that gives you 2 for use in the US.

For us we got a record from where her father use to work and brought that to the nortary and he wrote up the document.

We had this problem. There was no birth certificate. We had to get a letter from the local PSB stating this. Again, you can not just walk there and ask. Yuo must have a connection and pay (bribe) the person in charge. You then take this letter and translate and notarize it.