Petition Status After Arrival At GUZ

Has anyone ever heard of requesting the opening of a 'provisional file' at GZ ? I remember two friends of mine doing this 7 years ago, once the A number had been assigned (and that was assigned when the packet left to go to GZ).

Ring any bells ? or am I having a fog of a memory?

OK - my own followup.

From here -

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/kvfaq.html

It's not possible anymore.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked DOS when I called them and also the person that works at the Senator's office I have spoke about before. They both stated that GZU has too much paper work to do provisional files! Meaning, not enough people to handle doing them and keeping track of them after the real paper work shows up! :o ;)

Mark ;)

So why don't they hire more people to do their job more efficiently? Do we not pay them enough? I believe we DO. For administrative work, they could just hire local people, and we all know how cheap labor is in China. This is just absurd! This is the 21st century, who still relies on shipping papers (given the prior knowledge that the papers would "get stuck in the custom for a long time") when there is something called the "electronic file"?!!! Just a bunch of excuses they make.

Do they themselves not have any problem being separated with their loved ones for an unknown period of time (not even a set date to look forward to!)? Does the American government really care about "human rights" as much as they say they do? My husband's constantly depressed about being separated with his newly-wed wife. Where is his "human right" as an U.S. citizen?

YES, I AM MAD, ADMIT THAT YOU ARE TOO.

Guest Rob & Jin

So why don't they hire more people to do their job more efficiently? Do we not pay them enough? I believe we DO. For administrative work, they could just hire local people, and we all know how cheap labor is in China. This is just absurd! This is the 21st century, who still relies on shipping papers (given the prior knowledge that the papers would "get stuck in the custom for a long time") when there is something called the "electronic file"?!!! Just a bunch of excuses they make.

Do they themselves not have any problem being separated with their loved ones for an unknown period of time (not even a set date to look forward to!)? Does the American government really care about "human rights" as much as they say they do? My husband's constantly depressed about being separated with his newly-wed wife. Where is his "human right" as an U.S. citizen?

I think you nailed it.

Guest Rob & Jin

I noticed on the VJ timelines today that EKO1 has got left NVC 12/20 received by embassy 12/27, I wonder, as mine left on the same day. Look like a call to DOS later today. :victory:

I asked DOS when I called them and also the person that works at the Senator's office I have spoke about before. They both stated that GZU has too much paper work to do provisional files! Meaning, not enough people to handle doing them and keeping track of them after the real paper work shows up! B) B)

Mark :rolleyes:

Buddy it is the way the US limits visas from China without really saying it!! :harhar1:

I noticed on the VJ timelines today that EKO1 has got left NVC 12/20 received by embassy 12/27, I wonder, as mine left on the same day. Look like a call to DOS later today. B)

What do you mean? Is EKO1 the screen name of a person who also applied at GZ? My papers were sent from NVC on 11/16. My husband called this morning, still hasn't been received by GZ yet. >_<

Guest Rob & Jin

I noticed on the VJ timelines today that EKO1 has got left NVC 12/20 received by embassy 12/27, I wonder, as mine left on the same day. Look like a call to DOS later today. B)

What do you mean? Is EKO1 the screen name of a person who also applied at GZ? My papers were sent from NVC on 11/16. My husband called this morning, still hasn't been received by GZ yet. >_<

yes and in his timeline he has petition left NVC 12/20, RECEIVED BY EMBASSY 12/27

I noticed on the VJ timelines today that EKO1 has got left NVC 12/20 received by embassy 12/27, I wonder, as mine left on the same day. Look like a call to DOS later today. <_<

Sorry but you will need to give it about 3-4 months or so....... :(

Then how did EKO1 get it through in 7 DAYS?!!! Are you sure it is the GUZ embassy???

Yea, when my husband called this morning, DOS told him the timeline's about 60~120 days. And given all the holidays Xmas, new year, Chinese new year...it looks more like 120 days than 60 days... >_< Actually, it's already been almost 60 days for us!

Then how did EKO1 get it through in 7 DAYS?!!! Are you sure it is the GUZ embassy???

Yea, when my husband called this morning, DOS told him the timeline's about 60~120 days. And given all the holidays Xmas, new year, Chinese new year...it looks more like 120 days than 60 days... >_< Actually, it's already been almost 60 days for us!

Can you post your time line?

Most of us here do it as our signature?? <_<

I know... I tried...couldn't figure out how you guys all had the same nice font and format. haha

My Controls

My Profile

Edit my Signature

Put it in the box at the bottom and it will appear in all your postings!!

Very cool stuff!! <_<

Guest Rob & Jin

Yes NVC to GUZ :P in 7 days

Maybe he's meaning the electronic copy or arrival at the DHL warehouse, or really it did arrive at the consulate, hope he tells us

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)