Chinese Passport

Does any one know if when they give you the US visa, is it like our US passport where we had the Chinese Embassy here place their Chinese visa in our passport, actually glued onto one of the US passport pages? Or do they give a separate US Visa with photo?

I am hoping to have our daughter's K4 delayed being issued by a month. But if they must keep her Chinese passport to put it in there, she may have a hard time flying home. My wife will call the airlines and see if she makes a copy of her daughter's passport first, will the copy be OK to use for ID to board ?

Does any one know if when they give you the US visa, is it like our US passport where we had the Chinese Embassy here place their Chinese visa in our passport, actually glued onto one of the US passport pages? Or do they give a separate US Visa with photo?

I am hoping to have our daughter's K4 delayed being issued by a month. But if they must keep her Chinese passport to put it in there, she may have a hard time flying home. My wife will call the airlines and see if she makes a copy of her daughter's passport first, will the copy be OK to use for ID to board ?

They put it inside her chinese passport

It is glued to a page in Chinese passport, the visa has a picture of visa holder printed on it.

http://i3.tinypic.com/4ieqazs.jpg

I always wondered what it looked like, thanks!!! :D :D

Thanks. I wondered about this. My daughter sadly does not yet have a national ID. She only has her Chinese Passport. She will not get her National ID for another 3-4 months. I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy.

It is glued to a page in Chinese passport, the visa has a picture of visa holder printed on it.

I always wondered what it looked like, thanks!!! :D :D

Thanks. I wondered about this. My daughter sadly does not yet have a national ID. She only has her Chinese Passport. She will not get her National ID for another 3-4 months. I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy.

Whoa here - the passport is left at the consulate and delivered with the visa 2 days later. I don't think they will keep it for a month

I always wondered what it looked like, thanks!!! :D :)

Thanks. I wondered about this. My I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy. sadly does not yet have a national ID. She only has her Chinese Passport. She will not get her National ID for another 3-4 months. I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy.

Whoa here - the passport is left at the consulate and delivered with the visa 2 days later. I don't think they will keep it for a month

I agree with Randy on this one. GZ sends the visa to the post office in two day and I'm sure they will not hold on to it for 3-4 months? :D

Second thought:

I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy.

NO! They will not!!!!!!!!! Trust me , they look very closely at the passport and visa before boarding. Let alone a copy or certified copy. ;)

Anyone can make a fake passport and visa now days.

Infact: With a little work and time, The photo that dan gave in the post above would work fine! :D

Sorry for being so blunt: But if GZ does not grant your daughter the visa. You will have to wait, Well She will.

Remember, GZ is GOD!!! and they do not play by the rules.

But then again, We MUST play by there rules.

Sorry!! But good luck!!

I always wondered what it looked like, thanks!!! :o :blink:

Thanks. I wondered about this. My I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy. sadly does not yet have a national ID. She only has her Chinese Passport. She will not get her National ID for another 3-4 months. I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy.

I agree with Randy on this one. GZ sends the visa to the post office in two day and I'm sure they will not hold on to it for 3-4 months? :headbang:

Second thought:

I hope the airlines will let her on the plane with a copy of passport...maybe a certified copy.

NO! They will not!!!!!!!!! Trust me , they look very closely at the passport and visa before boarding. Let alone a copy or certified copy. B)

Anyone can make a fake passport and visa now days.

Infact: With a little work and time, The photo that dan gave in the post above would work fine! :sweating_buckets:

Sorry for being so blunt: But if GZ does not grant your daughter the visa. You will have to wait, Well She will.

Remember, GZ is GOD!!! and they do not play by the rules.

But then again, We MUST play by there rules.

Sorry!! But good luck!!

The problem is if we get her K4 Visa on the 2nd of Jan, in her hands the 4th of Jan, then she must leave with in 6 months or July 2nd. She does not finish HS until the first week of Aug 08. Can we get an extension? What happens if we go past the 6 months?

The problem is if we get her K4 Visa on the 2nd of Jan, in her hands the 4th of Jan, then she must leave with in 6 months or July 2nd. She does not finish HS until the first week of Aug 08. Can we get an extension? What happens if we go past the 6 months?

If you go past the 6 months and do not use the visa to enter the USA before the date it expires, it then becomes invalid (void/expired/denied entery).

You can get the extension by asking GZ to do it as a follow to join and splitting the paperwork that she will need for the POE. GZ does this often and it is a simple procedure.

Once the visa is issued (after the fact) in the passport, GZ may be able to change it for you and split the envelope, but how to do that I am not sure. It will for sure take another trip inside the consulate and an explaination on what you need them to do. Email, fax and verify before you/they go to do that so you know what the procedure could/would be beforehand.

If she is in her last year of HS, I can understand you wanting her to complete her final year for her certificate. However, if she is not in her last year, you may want to really just consider getting her over here before the visa expires. Most HS over there finish July 7, so double check your dates and make sure she is not talking the lunar calander (which would be the 8 month and confuse you with August and not July) (This is a common confusion when talking months of the year, so ask again just to be safe).

If was us, bottom line, if last year of high school she can graduate there and we will deal with the GZ problem. Not the last year of HS, she comes in the time frame of the issued visa and can graduate HS here. JMHO on this one.

If you go past the 6 months and do not use the visa to enter the USA before the date it expires, it then becomes invalid (void/expired/denied entery).

You can get the extension by asking GZ to do it as a follow to join and splitting the paperwork that she will need for the POE. GZ does this often and it is a simple procedure.

Once the visa is issued (after the fact) in the passport, GZ may be able to change it for you and split the envelope, but how to do that I am not sure. It will for sure take another trip inside the consulate and an explaination on what you need them to do. Email, fax and verify before you/they go to do that so you know what the procedure could/would be beforehand.

So while my wife is at the VO's window next Wednesday morning, she must ask the VO to have her daughter's K4 be a FTJ. If so, will the daughter still interview, since she is there with her mother? Will they hold her passport and put in the K4 later, say in Feb, so that she will be out of HS when she comes in Aug? Or does she have to have a separate, later, by herself (since her mother will be with me in the US) interview? I am trying to avoid her missing more school. If they split the paperwork, does this mean her daughter comes back by herself to interview after Aug 3 when she has graduated? I am not sure my wife will like the idea of her then 17 y/o daughter making the trip back to GZ on her own. And she does not want to inconvience her family to bring her daughter.

I have thought about bringing her now, but she speaks little English. She probably would be put in 11th grade but have much work to do before being allowed to attend class, like a year of ESL. She would be 19 before she would finish HS in the US or even 20 depending on how fast she picked up English and in Calif took US History and Calif History. This is why I am hoping she graduates there and then comes.

If fact I am not sure her daughter will interview at the same time/with her mother on Wed. Is it normal for them to interview together? What can they ask a 16 y/o? The whole time I have know her, I have seen her on the webcam more than I did in person because when I was there she was in private school most of the time. She only had 1 day off from school where we could all go out as a family before going back to school.

I always wondered what it looked like, thanks!!! :D B)

I understand that a lot of you guys from Illinois, like to have the visa issued with the portrait of Abraham Lincoln on it. However, since we have a choice, and as a pragmatic-conservative Californian, I am going to have Lao Po check the box on her P-3 Form 169, to indicate Ronald Reagan, as our choice of the former President, to appear on her visa !!! :ph34r:

So while my wife is at the VO's window next Wednesday morning, she must ask the VO to have her daughter's K4 be a FTJ. If so, will the daughter still interview, since she is there with her mother? Will they hold her passport and put in the K4 later, say in Feb, so that she will be out of HS when she comes in Aug? Or does she have to have a separate, later, by herself (since her mother will be with me in the US) interview? I am trying to avoid her missing more school. If they split the paperwork, does this mean her daughter comes back by herself to interview after Aug 3 when she has graduated? I am not sure my wife will like the idea of her then 17 y/o daughter making the trip back to GZ on her own. And she does not want to inconvience her family to bring her daughter.

I have thought about bringing her now, but she speaks little English. She probably would be put in 11th grade but have much work to do before being allowed to attend class, like a year of ESL. She would be 19 before she would finish HS in the US or even 20 depending on how fast she picked up English and in Calif took US History and Calif History. This is why I am hoping she graduates there and then comes.

If fact I am not sure her daughter will interview at the same time/with her mother on Wed. Is it normal for them to interview together? What can they ask a 16 y/o? The whole time I have know her, I have seen her on the webcam more than I did in person because when I was there she was in private school most of the time. She only had 1 day off from school where we could all go out as a family before going back to school.

The easiest and safest thing is to have the daughter interview at the same time as the mother. Once she has this successful interview she does not interview again, even if visa issue is delayed in a FTJ process.

They do not "hold" a FTJ's passport. She must return later when she wants the visa issued and go through an admin process where she hands in the passport and the passport and visa is delivered, as normal, through the post office a couple days later.

What they asked my 17 year old daughter was:

- Do you know him?

- Do you like him?

- Do you want to go to America?

If she is in her final year of HS in China she can "graduate" early. The final few months are spent preparing for the national college exams in China. She does not need to do this; our daughter did not.

California community colleges are well set up for entering foreign students. There is no admission examination for high school graduates. Some colleges have an American College English (ACE) program to bring foreign students up to college level English. Our daughter took a placement exam for ACE and tested out of about half of it after 8 years of English in the Chinese school systems. She also took a placement exam in math and has entered at the advanced college algebra level. She's a full time student and is maintaining a 3.83 GPA.

If you want to talk about this PM me and we can speak on the phone. If you want our daughters to talk PM your daughter's mobile number and I'll have my daughter call her.