Calling the Embassy

FYI: The call center is in Shanghai... so one is not reaching GUZ, if they thought that was the case...

So for us here, might as well call DOS if have a question? They are just looking at a screen anyway??

Mark and feng! B) <_<

I would say if one is in china or the US, calling DOS has always been the advice; it's free too.

Only use the call center to setup an overcome appointment :ph34r:

FYI: The call center is in Shanghai... so one is not reaching GUZ, if they thought that was the case...

So for us here, might as well call DOS if have a question? They are just looking at a screen anyway??

Mark and feng! :ph34r: <_<

Yes, I even called the DOS. The told me to have my wife mention the name of the VO who had helped expedited our petition and I even had her show the guard the letter I had written to this VO...

It did no good. The guard said you must wait for a reply to the email or Fax. He did not care how soon my wife's interview is (Jan 2nd) and that they, the consulate made a mistake, leaving her daughter off the Appointment Letter causing her not to be able to get her physical or interview with her mother...

As of yesterday the consulate actually replied to my email and told my wife to go Friday morning to get the Appointment Letter for her daughter....we shall see what the guard does now...let only the daughter go up to the 5th floor, because hers is the only name on the email, or let them both go to get the Appointment Letter since my wife is her mother.

As of yesterday the consulate actually replied to my email and told my wife to go Friday morning to get the Appointment Letter for her daughter....we shall see what the guard does now...let only the daughter go up to the 5th floor, because hers is the only name on the email, or let them both go to get the Appointment Letter since my wife is her mother.

Good to hear that GUZ is doing something to resolve the problem. Lulu and I wish you the best luck on your interview. Please keep us posted.

Gino & Lulu

Good to hear that GUZ is doing something to resolve the problem. Lulu and I wish you the best luck on your interview. Please keep us posted.

Gino & Lulu

Both my wife and daughter got their physicals and should interview on the 2nd. Thank goodness. I was really worried. The guard outside was not going to let her in the building because he thought the email copy was fake...he changed his mind and let her go to the 4th floor where the guard there called upstairs and they let her in. She went to window 30 before 9AM and got the Appointment Letter for her daughter. What I did find out was that K3 children 16 & over do not need to interview with their parents. I think it would be more paperwork to interview separately (perhaps a separate DS230) but is mute now. We will ask them to delay approval until the middle of Feb so she can come after school is out the 1st week of Aug 08.

Hope you and your wife have a great New Year...and CNY too.

Mark