With all the changes going on I am not sure how much my wife should pay. Does anyone know the current fee she must pay for her visa fee for her (K3) and her daughter (K4)?

I believe she must pay for these before going for the physicals as they will ask for the receipts for them at that time.

Am I correct?

I think we only pay $100 for each visa....but when we AOS then I pay the $1020....am I correct about this?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

With all the changes going on I am not sure how much my wife should pay. Does anyone know the current fee she must pay for her visa fee for her (K3) and her daughter (K4)?

I believe she must pay for these before going for the physicals as they will ask for the receipts for them at that time.

Am I correct?

I think we only pay $100 for each visa....but when we AOS then I pay the $1020....am I correct about this?

thanks

Hi, my timeline is about the same as yours, I got my P2 on Oct. 26 and NVC sent to GUZ on Nov. 16. How come your P3 only took about 1 MONTH to arrive?!!! And your P4 has already arrive as well?!!! DOS is still telling me that my papers are stuck at the custom!!!

HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks tons~

Visa fee is $100 each for K-3, and K-4.

AOS is different, You pay $1010 for K-3 and if you did not file an I-130 for the K-4 you will need to file an I-130 and pay $355 for the K-4 as well as $600+($80 Biometrics) for the K-4's AOS if K-4 is under age 14. (Every thing is filed together to USCIS Chicago address in same envelope)

I always say stick to the CR-1 / IR-1 visa process instead of the K-3/K-4, the USCIS fees to adjust status are horrible!

USCIS Fee Schedule: http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/G-1055.pdf

Guest Rob & Jin

AOS is different, You pay $1010 for K-3 and if you did not file an I-130 for the K-4 you will need to file an I-130 and pay $355 for the K-4 as well as $600+($80 Biometrics) for the K-4's AOS if K-4 is under age 14. (Every thing is filed together to USCIS Chicago address in same envelope)

I always say stick to the CR-1 / IR-1 visa process instead of the K-3/K-4, the USCIS fees to adjust status are horrible!

Non- immigrant fee went up this month to $130 i believe :unsure:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2007/dec/97384.htm

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Am I correct?

thanks

Hi, my timeline is about the same as yours, I got my P2 on Oct. 26 and NVC sent to GUZ on Nov. 16. How come your P3 only took about 1 MONTH to arrive?!!! And your P4 has already arrive as well?!!! DOS is still telling me that my papers are stuck at the custom!!!

Its a mystery to be sure :unsure:

Non- immigrant fee went up this month to $130 i believe :(

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2007/dec/97384.htm

Good catch, yep that went up too Jan 1. GUZ shows $131.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/ni...eased080101.htm

With my K-1 and K-2 isn't the US of A giving a two for one discount this year as a show of good will?? :(

With my K-1 and K-2 isn't the US of A giving a two for one discount this year as a show of good will?? :(

At least you don't need to file an I-130 to provide something to adjust the K-2 from like K-4 visa holders. So there is your discount. :)

With my K-1 and K-2 isn't the US of A giving a two for one discount this year as a show of good will?? :)

At least you don't need to file an I-130 to provide something to adjust the K-2 from like K-4 visa holders. So there is your discount. :P

I feel so much better now!! B) :( :) :lol:

Its a mystery to be sure :o

And if the mystery can be shared, please do. Does hiring a lawyer help? (I thought it wouldn't.) We wouldn't mind spending some extra bucks to speed up the process. but at this point, nothing seems to help... =(

Its a mystery to be sure :rolleyes:

And if the mystery can be shared, please do. Does hiring a lawyer help? (I thought it wouldn't.) We wouldn't mind spending some extra bucks to speed up the process. but at this point, nothing seems to help... =(

Save your money for vacation. I used a good visa lawyer and all he did was make sure the paper work was done right. If you look here and on Visa Journey, you will find sample forms. A lawyer does not make things faster, just your cash flow is all!!

Save your money for vacation. I used a good visa lawyer and all he did was make sure the paper work was done right. If you look here and on Visa Journey, you will find sample forms. A lawyer does not make things faster, just your cash flow is all!!

Yea, that's what I thought. We actually used a lawyer in the U.S. too. But later on I found out that you can file CR1 at the Beijing USCIS office, skip K3 (b/c I-129F must be filed in the U.S.), skip NVC, and the case will transfer from BJ directly to GZ. It only takes about a TOTAL of 4 months to get the CR1 visa! All my friend did was a search on Baidu.com, saved themselves the money for lawyer and saved LOTS of time in waiting! And also, going the CR1 way, we won't need to pay the $1000 for AOS after entering the U.S. I wish we weren't so "American" but instead had done the "Chinese way"...

Yea, that's what I thought. We actually used a lawyer in the U.S. too. But later on I found out that you can file CR1 at the Beijing USCIS office, skip K3 (b/c I-129F must be filed in the U.S.), skip NVC, and the case will transfer from BJ directly to GZ. It only takes about a TOTAL of 4 months to get the CR1 visa! All my friend did was a search on Baidu.com, saved themselves the money for lawyer and saved LOTS of time in waiting! And also, going the CR1 way, we won't need to pay the $1000 for AOS after entering the U.S. I wish we weren't so "American" but instead had done the "Chinese way"...

NOTE: You can file for a CR-1/IR-1 at the consulate or embassy, ONLY if you are resident in China, US Citizen must be in China on a resident visa, NOT a tourist visa, and according to DOS Chinese residency should be more than 6 months. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I did pay for the I-130 for both. So I only pay $1010 for each? Does this get them work permits and the ability to get SSAN's? Also, since our daughter will stay until August when her high school class is over will I be able to get her I-130 (CR2) processed and upgraded from her K-4? She has not put it in her passport and will not until school is out in August. But the NVC has not sent me a fee bill for either aproved I-130, although my wife's CR1 is mute as she will be her on her K3 soon.