Doug I called DOS on Tuesday and Friday of most weeks to find out when my P-3 was sent out. It has been around 80-90 days lately, and that seems to be the norm!

We sent back our P-3 paper work right after we knew the real one left GZU!

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fiancee_visas.html

Thanks Shenzhen! I'm a K3 applicant. I already had all the forms printed from the GZ website and filled out DS-230 I and the checklist. Just waiting to hear that my P3 is sent out so that I can EMS my forms immediately! I told my husband to call DOS every Friday afternoon from the U.S. Maybe I should tell him to add tues. as well. haha...

But seriously, isn't Marks1957's timeline a big outlier??? I truly wonder how...

Doug I called DOS on Tuesday and Friday of most weeks to find out when my P-3 was sent out. It has been around 80-90 days lately, and that seems to be the norm!

Thanks Shenzhen! I'm a K3 applicant. I already had all the forms printed from the GZ website and filled out DS-230 I and the checklist. Just waiting to hear that my P3 is sent out so that I can EMS my forms immediately! I told my husband to call DOS every Friday afternoon from the U.S. Maybe I should tell him to add tues. as well. haha...

But seriously, isn't Marks1957's timeline a big outlier??? I truly wonder how...

That is one nice mystery is there time line?? :rolleyes:

We all wish we had that quick of a turn around!! :D

Guest Rob & Jin

That is one nice mystery is there time line?? :o

We all wish we had that quick of a turn around!! :P

YES WE DO :unsure:

Because of the expedite, I turned in the P3 forms myself directly to the Embassy. She did not actually receive the P3 packet.

I'm only trying to figure out how she signed them :rolleyes:

Why because he was too fast :rolleyes:

The reason my timeline was "fast" was because I was there and had her sign the P3 forms in person and had them with me when I went to the Consulate. I had asked for a medical expedite of my petition, which was fortunately granted. I had tried to get this approved and expedited through my Senator, but she had no luck. So I had nothing to loose but to plead my case to the consulate myself in person. The Consulate was very understanding and took my P3 forms from me. They mailed my wife her P4 and interview date at the same time. I guess all the trouble I went through, proved a real relationship, not counting the fact that my wife is pregnant. At her age it is considered a "high risk" and should be under special medical care not available in China. When my wife originally went to a hosptial in her city saying she was pregnant, they told her she was too old to be pregnant and she should take the baby out (terminate it). This along with other things that only someone in healthcare could understand, really drove me to push for the expedite. I hope others here understand this is unusual and not normal. I was very lucky.

The reason my timeline was "fast" was because I was there and had her sign the P3 forms in person and had them with me when I went to the Consulate. I had asked for a medical expedite of my petition, which was fortunately granted. I had tried to get this approved and expedited through my Senator, but she had no luck. So I had nothing to loose but to plead my case to the consulate myself in person. The Consulate was very understanding and took my P3 forms from me. They mailed my wife her P4 and interview date at the same time. I guess all the trouble I went through, proved a real relationship, not counting the fact that my wife is pregnant. At her age it is considered a "high risk" and should be under special medical care not available in China. When my wife originally went to a hosptial in her city saying she was pregnant, they told her she was too old to be pregnant and she should take the baby out (terminate it). This along with other things that only someone in healthcare could understand, really drove me to push for the expedite. I hope others here understand this is unusual and not normal. I was very lucky.

Thank you Mark for your detailed info. I only hope I could've known it a few days earlier. My husband was just here in Shanghai visiting me for Xmas and new year. Maybe if we had gone to the GZ consulate and handed in the forms I had already prepared, we could at least have a chance... But again, I'm a young wife who doesn't plan to be pregnant any time soon. Maybe they'd just ignore us (if not giving us mean faces and some yellings) or chase us away. =X

I'm glad that it all worked out for you and your wife though. Afterall, it's about a real "life." Best of luck with the baby!