strange "problem" regarding an RFE

Hey guys,

sorry i haven't posted for a while. Well, my husband just checked out his case status and stuff online a week ago. He noticed that they said they were sending us an RFE and that it was sent out December 4th. We hadn't received anything until today, the 12th. Except, all that we received was the certified copy of our marriage certificate and a plain white piece of paper. This was sent from the USCIS in california. It just seems so strange. Is this the "RFE"? because they didn't request anything from us, they just sent us back the copy of the marriage certificate. We called the USCIS number and they said they have to wait til the 19th to put in a request for "non delivery" for the california service center to re send the RFE.

Anyway, has anyone else ever experienced this? What does it all mean?

Thanks!

Sounds really strange, if you sent an original certified copy the only thing that comes to mind would be:

1. requesting a photocopy of the certified marriage certificate.

2. returning the original.

Remember, they are a strange bunch of people and some things they do really stretch the definition of intelligence. :(

If you don't get anything else in the mail, I would suggest you make an infopass appointment with your local USCIS office and get them to clarify the RFE for you, I believe they can actually reprint the form for you. Be sure to take everything you received in the mail when you go.

Remember, it doesn't matter if the RFE gets delivered you are still responsible for responding within the time specified, usually 30 days.

Hey guys,

sorry i haven't posted for a while. Well, my husband just checked out his case status and stuff online a week ago. He noticed that they said they were sending us an RFE and that it was sent out December 4th. We hadn't received anything until today, the 12th. Except, all that we received was the certified copy of our marriage certificate and a plain white piece of paper. This was sent from the USCIS in california. It just seems so strange. Is this the "RFE"? because they didn't request anything from us, they just sent us back the copy of the marriage certificate. We called the USCIS number and they said they have to wait til the 19th to put in a request for "non delivery" for the california service center to re send the RFE.

Anyway, has anyone else ever experienced this? What does it all mean?

Thanks!

IMO, this sounds like they have a question about the marriage certificate. The plain white piece of paper was supposed to be the RFE but it didn't print.

ok, i'm taking y'alls advice and I scheduled an infopass appointment in Philadelphia for this Monday. I don't live in California, other wise I would have gone there since that is where my case is being processed. Will they be able to help me at my local uscis office? I hope so, other wise my husband is the crazy type who will fly out to california..haha.