Hello all,

For those of you who want to get by as cheap as you can in GZ. This what we we did. We stayed at the Seamans, Sailor Hotel. It is located across the river from White Swan Hotel. Our room was 100 RMB a night and it was clean and roomy. The man to contact is Mr. Her (pronounced H-E-R) Mr. He owns the 5th and 6th floors independently from the hotel so he can give better deals. The walk to the Counselate Building is about ten minutes or 7RMB by taxi. To get there exit hotel and turn right go to first walk bridge over river then turn left till you run into it just passed White Swan Hotel. Along the way you will see many over priced souvenier shops and some decent restaurants (two tacos for 15RMB and steak for 10 RMB) and many more good ones too. The Hospital is is the first right over the bridge about 1/4 mile, it is the more expensive one for your examination. The taxi from the airport to the hotel was 35 RMB. I lived in GZ two years ago and know the area well and finding a better deal will be hard to find. Eleven people stayed with us and nine passed the interview, good karma? A side note my wife was really relaxed for the interview, she said it was because I was there and one of the questions the V.O asked is your husband waiting outside? We can afford to pay more but why when our mission was to focus on getting the visa, hope this helps.