I know I can't be the only one...

When I met my SO, now fiancee, she was very concerned by the fact that she was older than me. I could seriously care less because she's only 10 months older. But it got me thinking, is this sort of thing looked down upon in China?

Also, maybe this belongs in its own thread, my fiancee has a couple tattoos. I'm cool with it; I like them. I have one myself, but I thought that tattoos were looked down upon in China, but I noticed that quite a few (but I guess when you're talking about 1.3 billion people even a small minority can appear to be 'quite a few') 20 somethings had one.

When I met my SO, now fiancee, she was very concerned by the fact that she was older than me. I could seriously care less because she's only 10 months older. But it got me thinking, is this sort of thing looked down upon in China?

Also, maybe this belongs in its own thread, my fiancee has a couple tattoos. I'm cool with it; I like them. I have one myself, but I thought that tattoos were looked down upon in China, but I noticed that quite a few (but I guess when you're talking about 1.3 billion people even a small minority can appear to be 'quite a few') 20 somethings had one.

My SO is 13 years younger, very good thing for many reasons!!!!!

1. The obvious reason......... :romantic:

2. Need someone to take care of me when older.

3. Did not worry about age, just like who she is!!

4. Remember #1 !!! :flowers_and_kisses:

Need to see the tattoos to make sure they are OK??? :signthankspin:

Is she counting her age in Chinese or western years?

You do know that they are 1 year old at birth, as that is the first year of life?

You do know that they are 1 year old at birth, as that is the first year of life?

I'm counting in Western years...she was born in '81

my wife is one year younger than me. Age is no big deal. I love women with tatoos if they are strategically placed,and cute ones like butterflies or something,I seen women with skulls tatooed on their arms...not too attractive.but that is my opinion.

She should have turned 26 in 2007.

She should have turned 26 in 2007.

:D hehe, right. She's 26 now...and I'm only 25

I was born in 1960 and my wife was born in 1962, according to her birth certificate, but all of her college certificates and degrees says she was born in 1959, making her a year older than me! :D

She says back then it was common for parents to "fib" about their children's ages in order to get them into school earlier and she says that's what her parents did with her.

So now I pick on her sometimes about that. It's one of the "weapons" in my "arsenal" and she does not like me to talk about that at all. But I will, and I do, whenever the occasion necessitates its use!..................... :unsure:

If your potential Lao Po is 9 to 11 months older than you it's a BIG red flag. This is accentuated if she has between 1 and 3 tattoos.

The reasons are very complex and sometimes inscrutable. It requires a deep understanding of Chinese culture and the sacrifice of several chickens to understand.

With luck, David and/or Dennis will be along shortly to interpret.