Going back to China

Hellow all, long time. ;)

So my wife is here and as happy as can be. Yeah right. :lol:

She has been here (California) 2.5 months now on her Marrage visa. CR-1.

She has her green card and a SSN.

She wants to go back to China in January. Maybe for a long stay of over a year. She may be having a baby over there also :rotfl: . So she'd like to go back to her home town. Have her Mom & family take care of her. She feels more comfortable with Chinese speaking doctors ect.

I don't have much family support here for taking care of the future baby. I have to work everyday too.

Anyway anyone got the leagle low down on this type of stay and then coming back? There is something about staying longer than 6 months that effects her becoming a citizen later on down the line?. Also for a stay abroad of one year a I-131 needs to be filled out?. And about the baby being born in China? Maybe the baby will need a visa to come back? Well I'm digging into all of this.

Thank all of you pro's for all the help these last two years. What a miracle this has been. :D From Ben -------

Hellow all, long time. ;)

So my wife is here and as happy as can be. Yeah right. :lol:

She has been here (California) 2.5 months now on her Marrage visa. CR-1.

She has her green card and a SSN.

She wants to go back to China in January. Maybe for a long stay of over a year. She may be having a baby over there also :rotfl: . So she'd like to go back to her home town. Have her Mom & family take care of her. She feels more comfortable with Chinese speaking doctors ect.

I don't have much family support here for taking care of the future baby. I have to work everyday too.

Anyway anyone got the leagle low down on this type of stay and then coming back? There is something about staying longer than 6 months that effects her becoming a citizen later on down the line?. Also for a stay abroad of one year a I-131 needs to be filled out?. And about the baby being born in China? Maybe the baby will need a visa to come back? Well I'm digging into all of this.

Thank all of you pro's for all the help these last two years. What a miracle this has been. :D From Ben -------

Good luck a lot on your plate right now at this time of year.

As long as you have a US marriage license that baby is a US citizen!

As for staying more than 1 year, you need to do the I-131.

After the child is born you or your wife will need to go to one of the US consulates with your marriage book and translation along with the child's birth record and translation and your US passport or certified copy to get the child a US passport.

You do not want to get the child a US passport as it would require you to file and I-130 to get the child a visa as a CR-2.

I guess I understand the idea of her having the baby in China, but then when she returns with the baby she will then need to communicate with the US doctor to care for the baby.

I don't think I would enjoy my wife returning for China for a year or more to have a baby, there is just too much I would miss. Have you considered having the baby in the US, this would mean ESL classes and probably a translator to help with the doctors. Then get mom to come from China to help with the baby.

When my wife was pregnant with our son, she also wanted to go back to China. She felt the same as your wife regarding Doctors, Family and friends.

The most part was that in the beginning of the pregnancy she had a real bad shot of morning sickness. Every day she woke up and was very sick. Since I was also working and couldn¡¯t stay home with her, she was able to go back home and be cared by her Mother for around 3 months. Her mother made her food that I could have never conjured.

After the morning sickness was finished she decided to come back and our baby was born here with me by her side. It was a very beautiful experience I might add, see you child born. I wouldn¡¯t have missed it for anything.

Good luck with your baby and I am sure you guys will make the right decision for both of you.