Passed AOS interview!!!

We both got asked for ID, and she had to give up the I94 stapled in her passport.

Asked for correct mailing address.

She was asked about 6 generic questions, eg, are you going to spy against the US, any arrests, etc.

Then congrats, you will get your GC in about 10 days! We probably bullshitted about cobol longer than the actual interview.

We didn't submit one single document, nor did they ask to see anything besides our state ID. Of course I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but as far as the eye can see we got the green card.

:( :o <_< :( <_<

So anyways, will she be getting the SSN card in the mail at the same time, or do we still have to get that?

USCIS case status now

:

"

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 29, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

"

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

Congratulations.

You will need to apply for the SSN about 10 days after getting the green card, it is not automatic except for CR-1's and then it's a crap shoot.

Don't be surprised if they don't find reference to the green card in the SAVE system and have to make a request to the USCIS. This usually is complete within 30 days and the SSN arrives a week or so later.

This is a new invention since CSC took over verification OR perhaps they changed their computer program at NBC to not update SAVE when the card is produced. Either way it stinks, but there is nothing that can be done but wait for it. :gathering:

You can also complete the form SS-5 at home so you don't have to mess with it there, her mother and fathers names are required. Don't forget to take a birth certificate, passport, green card and marriage certificate if she took your family name.