Co-Sponsorship

by "both signing", I assume the posts here mean, each will fill out their own form?

You don't mention if your living with your father and there's no mention of which form he would fill out.. so I'll assume a I-864.

The wife would fill out a I-84a, as a household member of the joint-sponsor, with whom they want to combine incomes for...

Anyway, I think this is the way 'both' sign.. unless someone knows differently.

Re: birth certificate: Any sponsor must be able to show citizenship... so you need that much about the person.

by "both signing", I assume the posts here mean, each will fill out their own form?

You don't mention if your living with your father and there's no mention of which form he would fill out.. so I'll assume a I-864.

The wife would fill out a I-84a, as a household member of the joint-sponsor, with whom they want to combine incomes for...

Re: birth certificate: Any sponsor must be able to show citizenship... so you need that much about the person.

I'm filing a K-1, so it would be an I-134. If at all possible, can I simply have him sign only? Or because they are still married, she has to make her own, or sign one her self? I dont beleive there is a I-134a. So what I understand is he will fill out an I-134 also, my question is does she need to fill out one like him, and have all the same info sent in or can I simply just use him as the co-sponsor.

If she needs to be in agreement, can she simply sign the same I-134 that hes signing or does she need to do all the same paper work as us? Thanks.

This is important, she has left the house and not on good terms. I'm not sure I'll even be able to find her to do such paperwork!

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

I'm filing a K-1, so it would be an I-134. If at all possible, can I simply have him sign only? Or because they are still married, she has to make her own, or sign one her self? I dont beleive there is a I-134a. So what I understand is he will fill out an I-134 also, my question is does she need to fill out one like him, and have all the same info sent in or can I simply just use him as the co-sponsor.

If she needs to be in agreement, can she simply sign the same I-134 that hes signing or does she need to do all the same paper work as us? Thanks.

This is important, she has left the house and not on good terms. I'm not sure I'll even be able to find her to do such paperwork!

Ok, so the main thing is that if he filed jointly on the supporting tax returns he needs to only claim the income he generated toward the tax return and not hers.

Tax returns filed jointly are one of those catch-22 situations where if you use them to prove income you need to either have both parties sign that the combined income is to be considered or separate the income and only use the amount earned by the person signing.

Ok, so the main thing is that if he filed jointly on the supporting tax returns he needs to only claim the income he generated toward the tax return and not hers.

Tax returns filed jointly are one of those catch-22 situations where if you use them to prove income you need to either have both parties sign that the combined income is to be considered or separate the income and only use the amount earned by the person signing.

Thanks for clearing that up, this is good news =) he made most if not all the money <_< :rolleyes: It looks like I will need his W-2's also. I hope he has those, if not I wonder if the IRS will have them...

Edited by carl.hops (see edit history)

Thanks for clearing that up, this is good news =) he made most if not all the money B) :unsure: It looks like I will need his W-2's also. I hope he has those, if not I wonder if the IRS will have them...

hate to bother all you guys with your SO's already, I'm sure you'd rather be cuddling them or something :lol: :D But I have another question..

Does my co-sponsor need to have a copy of a certified birth certificate sent in with his I-130 or can he use the one that was given to him from his mother? Which is older than me :lol:

Does my co-sponsor need to have a copy of a certified birth certificate sent in with his I-130 or can he use the one that was given to him from his mother? Which is older than me :unsure:

Thought you were K1, they dont use the I-130.

Gasp, your right I-134 reading about all the different forms is starting to confuse me :lol:

• 2 months later...

Does my co-sponsor need to have a copy of a certified birth certificate sent in with his I-130 or can he use the one that was given to him from his mother? Which is older than me :lol:

Thought you were K1, they dont use the I-130.

Gasp, your right I-134 reading about all the different forms is starting to confuse me :huh:

Hate to drudge up my old post but I have a few questions left and im nearing my NOA2. The lady has come back so its possible to get her signature but I really dont want to go into the hassle of using her still, my SO is insisting (and has been for months) that I get her to sign the I-134 during the noterzation (my dads I-134) becuase she reads on 001 that we will need her permission because they are married (even if im not claiming her as a sponsor and her income).

So, do I need her signature? And if so, would it be on his I-134? Also, if I were to add her to the process, I'm gessing I would need her birth certificate as well, and her own I-134. I want to make this as simple as possible, so sticking with just my dad is what I want, if I need her signature I can get it.

Does a co-sponsor have to be a USC or can it be a permanent resident too?

A co-sponsor can be a permanent resident..

LPR's must supply their A# in 1d of the I-134.

From the I-864,

A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old,domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions,and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for the support of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant.
Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

From the I-864,

A joint sponsor can be any U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or lawful permanent resident who is at least 18 years old,domiciled in the United States, or its territories or possessions,and willing to be held jointly liable with the petitioner for the support of the intending immigrant. A joint sponsor does not have to be related to the petitioning sponsor or the intending immigrant.

Sooo.. back to the topic at hand...

From the I-864,

Sooo.. back to the topic at hand...

Yes you said it right, "Topic" your first question was answered and you asked 2 more different questions some what related but they should have been on a new Topic(thread) I guess Claiire though it was ok to do the same thing...Blame it on Claire :doctor:

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)