Make an appeal or start over?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth I am just about the in the same catagory as you, I think. Me and my Fiancee were denied Oct. 2006 and it was before I knew of this website. I was devistated and so was my Fiancee. I feel deep inside it was i couldn't produce copies of plane tickets for the trips I took there. I fly for free and didn't get plane tickets. I explained this to GUZ and that didn't mean anything. Plus they wanted hand written documents of how we meet, what we did, where did we go, etc. etc. Everything was turned in properly and still a Denial for not a "bonafide relationship". They intimadated my Fiancee at the interview. The man told my Fiancee it would be better if we were married. The file was returned to the State Dept. Aug. last year and I haven't heard a thing from them. I went over again and we got married in Hong Kong, and it we be one year tomorrow. I filed a

I-130 this past Nov. and got my NOA-1 Jan. of this year. I also went to the Immigration Office in San Antonio last month to ask about this and they told me that since we married the I-130 would overwrite the Fiancee Visa petition, I take that with a grain of salt. As far as I was told and I've talked to many people in the government that the next interview will be in Hong Kong, it hqas to be where you got married and I even talked to The Consulate in Hong Kong, I will able to attend this next interview. So, I am making sure I don't get screwed this time by GUZ again. These people on here are GREAT, so good luck to you.

The USCIS website says that I have to appeal to the office that denied us. Is that GUZ? or is that an office here in the US that I have yet to here from. Guijuan is going to send me copies of what they just sent her. I am assuming that I will recieve the actual decision and appeal forms from someone here in US. the website is a little vague. I noticed I only have 30 days to appeal from their decision date, not the date i recieve papers. very sadistic.

Edited by larsenea (see edit history)

The USCIS website says that I have to appeal to the office that denied us. Is that GUZ? or is that an office here in the US that I have yet to here from. Guijuan is going to send me copies of what they just sent her. I am assuming that I will recieve the actual decision and appeal forms from someone here in US. the website is a little vague. I noticed I only have 30 days to appeal from their decision date, not the date i recieve papers. very sadistic.

Here's how it works: The Consular chief will have to sign off on the denial. This can take a few months. Then the beneficiary will receive a letter stating the petition has been sent back to the USCIS service center that previously approved your petititon. Then you will receive a letter from this service center as to the Consulate's decision and from the date on the letter you will have 30 days to rebut their findings. This process can take up to a year. As in my case, my denial was August 28, 2006 and Guz has yet to send the letter back to the US although the Consular chief signed off on it May 30, 2007.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!

Based on you photos, you should think about changing you image.

You look too much like a stoner.

A guy just along for the ride.

Remember who you are dealing with.

Good Luck

<_<

Pete it is clear to me that you would make the perfect VO! Judging others with such malicious intent is right up their alley and by the statement you made to Larry, you fit the bill perfectly.

Good Luck

:)

Pete it is clear to me that you would make the perfect VO! Judging others with such malicious intent is right up their alley and by the statement you made to Larry, you fit the bill perfectly.

Unfortunately he may have a point. I have been accused of being stoned my whole life :o yet, I do not even drink or smoke. Its just the way I look.

Good Luck

:smoker:

Unfortunately he may have a point. I have been accused of being stoned my whole life :sweating_buckets: yet, I do not even drink or smoke. Its just the way I look.

I did not mean to offend.

Myself and my brothers have the same problem.

Older brother is asked "why are you sad"

Younger brother was asked by high school teacher if he was high.

I've been asked both. "are you paying attention" ect. :doctor:

"you look like you want to kill someone" :(

"you're a hard looking dude" :)

It's a family trait.

Good Luck

Unfortunately he may have a point. I have been accused of being stoned my whole life :P yet, I do not even drink or smoke. Its just the way I look.

So do you think that the way others perceive your looks as being a "stoner" should prohibit you from living with your loved one here in the US?

I don't know if pkfops was being funny, or judgmental, or honest.

The truth is how you look DOES have an impact, however the VO does not even see the USC, so it really does not matter.

At any rate, can we all just play together and have fun? :P

Getting our loved ones here is no joking matter. It is not playing or a matter of having fun, this is SERIOUS business!!!! To have a VO shut down our dreams of our pursuit of happiness just because the way someone looks is pure evil in my mind. The VO DOES see the USC in the form of pictures and at ACH if he attends. Indeed I know the VOs place a lot of emphasis on anything they can to deny anyone they want. But is it right?

I guess then I better tell my wife that we will have no chance for a visa because I "look" like someone that is not deserving. What a cruel world this really is!

Good Luck

:P

Unfortunately he may have a point. I have been accused of being stoned my whole life :P yet, I do not even drink or smoke. Its just the way I look.

I've been asked both. "are you paying attention" ect. :)

"you look like you want to kill someone" :)

"you're a hard looking dude" :bangin:

It's a family trait.

Pete I understand what you are trying to say. Getting denied a visa and not being told why other than "no bona fide relationship" is very hard to swallow. Perhaps this is why I rushed to judgment. I apologize.

:P

Good Luck

It's a family trait.

Pete I understand what you are trying to say. Getting denied a visa and not being told why other than "no bona fide relationship" is very hard to swallow. Perhaps this is why I rushed to judgment. I apologize.

When we did our i-29f I made sure I submitted the best "happy photos".

It's the luck of the draw.

And being a VO, government employee with no productive work value,

able to do nothing and get paid for it, may be a good job to have. :)

Maybe they just want to see if the guy fights for his woman or gives up. It's all scripted isn't it?

Good Luck

It's a family trait.

Maybe they just want to see if the guy fights for his woman or gives up. It's all scripted isn't it?

It definitely is a game Pete. And yes there is a script. I guess if we don't play their game then we lose. That's government for ya. :) :P

Good Luck

It's a family trait.

It definitely is a game Pete. And yes there is a script. I guess if we don't play their game then we lose. That's government for ya. :) :P

There is an end.

Our trip is about four years old.

Good Luck to All