I-485 questions

Getting ready to file AOA/EAD/AP. I've got a few questions on the I-485.

1) "I-94#" - Is this the one on the upper left of the I-94?

2) "Address- C/O" - What's C/O? Is it country of origin? The next line asks for street number and name. I'm confused.

3) "Place of last entry into the US" and "In what status did you last enter?" Assuming this is her first trip to the US, are they asking for the POE? Would the answers be "Chicago" and "K-1" to these two questions? Or are they asking about the "last entry" before coming on the K-1?

4) "Non-Immigrant Visa Number" - Is this the control number at the top,the red number at the lower right or part of the really long number at the very bottom of the visa?

5) IN Part B where they ask her to list "present husband,sons or daughter" etc, there's the question "Applying with you" with boxes for yes or no. Do we just leave it blank since it's not applicable? Or should we answer "No" even though I'm a USC. Kind of confusing.

Thanks

Getting ready to file AOA/EAD/AP. I've got a few questions on the I-485.

1) "I-94#" - Is this the one on the upper left of the I-94?

2) "Address- C/O" - What's C/O? Is it country of origin? The next line asks for street number and name. I'm confused.

3) "Place of last entry into the US" and "In what status did you last enter?" Assuming this is her first trip to the US, are they asking for the POE? Would the answers be "Chicago" and "K-1" to these two questions? Or are they asking about the "last entry" before coming on the K-1?

4) "Non-Immigrant Visa Number" - Is this the control number at the top,the red number at the lower right or part of the really long number at the very bottom of the visa?

5) IN Part B where they ask her to list "present husband,sons or daughter" etc, there's the question "Applying with you" with boxes for yes or no. Do we just leave it blank since it's not applicable? Or should we answer "No" even though I'm a USC. Kind of confusing.

Thanks

Dave hurry up and figure this and the ssn fast would you?? Good Luck buddy!! :mbounce:

Dave,

I'm at work and don't have my copies here, but to answer the C/O question:

C/O = care of

Christine

c/o Illinois Dave

549 Epiphany Dr

Plainfield IL

Thanks Hank.

So do I put my name and address in that "Address - C/O" box and then the same address in the remaining boxes? Seems redundent.

1) Hard pre-printed number on the card.

2) C/O = Care of. Used is you want someone else at your address to receive your mail.

3) POE "Chicago"

4) Red number on visa:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/Immigration/Visa/visa_after_entry.jpg

5) Put "NONE" Don't leave any blanks.

Dave,

C/O = care of

Christine

c/o Illinois Dave

549 Epiphany Dr

Plainfield IL

Thanks Hank.

So do I put my name and address in that "Address - C/O" box and then the same address in the remaining boxes? Seems redundent.

We wrote "None" on the C/O line since Yu lives at the address on the I-485. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Dave,

C/O = care of

Christine

c/o Illinois Dave

549 Epiphany Dr

Plainfield IL

Thanks Hank.

No, just "Illinois Dave" in the C/O box....or like Dan says, you could put "none".

Depends on your postman..........Here in Knoxville, they'll deliver with anyone's name in the address, but when I lived in Colorado, they would only deliver if my last name was listed on the address...........Guess that's why USCIS includes the C/O box.

Thanks

In Part B where they ask you to list "present husband" since I married my wife I put me.

FAMILY NAME____FIRST NAME_____BIRTH DATE

mylastname______DAVID__________my birth date

COUNTRY OF BIRTH____RELATIONSHIP______A#_________APPLYING WITH YOU

USA_________________HUSBAND__________N/A_________NO

I put myself there because I am her husband, this shows I'm American by birth and I'm not applying for a VISA with her.

For any questons you don't answer put "NONE"

If it does not apply to you put N/A

No, just "Illinois Dave" in the C/O box....or like Dan says, you could put "none".

Depends on your postman..........Here in Knoxville, they'll deliver with anyone's name in the address, but when I lived in Colorado, they would only deliver if my last name was listed on the address...........Guess that's why USCIS includes the C/O box.

Thanks again Hank. None it is.

Thanks

In Part B where they ask you to list "present husband" since I married my wife I put me.

FAMILY NAME____FIRST NAME_____BIRTH DATE

mylastname______DAVID__________my birth date

COUNTRY OF BIRTH____RELATIONSHIP______A#_________APPLYING WITH YOU

USA_________________HUSBAND__________N/A_________NO

I put myself there because I am her husband, this shows I'm American by birth and I'm not applying for a VISA with her.

For any questons you don't answer put "NONE"

If it does not apply to you put N/A

Thanks David. :)