Request for Info after over 4 month wait!

We filed June 18 2007 and even used an immigration attorney to help us organize things. After a long wait, we just received a request for information on November 7. the DHS wants us to send a copy of June's birth certificate (eng/chn). Should we have sent that document in the first place? Either way, I'm happy we got some positive response. Will this move us forward or cause a longer delay?

We have been putting together a relationship evolution scrapbook while I'm visiting in Shenyang so we can be more prepared to tell our story. You can't believe how hard it is to find scrapbook stuff in China but we have had fun with it.

Neither form I-129F or I-130 call for a BC of the beneficiary, however, they do call for a BC of the petitioner.

The only BC's called for, other than the petitioner, are on form I-130 where BC's on children are called for.

You may never know why they want it but waste no time in submitting it. Make sure it is prepared by a notarial office in China and includes an English translation.

-good luck

Edited by tywy_99 (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

Neither form I-129F or I-130 call for a BC of the beneficiary, however, they do call for a BC of the petitioner.

The only BC's called for, other than the petitioner, are on form I-130 where BC's on children are called for.

You may never know why they want it but waste no time in submitting it. Make sure it is prepared by a notarial office in China and includes an English translation.

-good luck

On VJ there have a few posts recently about RFE'S on the subject of benificiares BC .

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

June happens to know a friend of a friend working in the notary office (oh sweet guanxi!) so instead of the usual 2 day wait, we got same day service on the BC notary service! Evidently, the notarized document is customarily accompanied by an english translation. In addition, the notary office in Shenyang told us that the U.S. also requires a photo of beneficiary so we had to provide something like a passport style photo. By this evening, the doc will be on its way to the States! Thanks for your help.

There are two (possibly more) possibilities:

1) A growing request for beneficiary B/C as a requirement (don't think so)

2) Request for a B/C to verify information conflicting in the case (tend to think so)

Without see the entire case, nor knowing the number of immigrants intended, it's hard to know if every last box is filled in correctly or not.. But my guess is the request is more for verifying something.

So is this the exception or the rule? I'm a little concerned because I didn't include my fiancee's BC in our I129F because it wasn't asked for. But after doing some more research I agree with David...it looks like this is asked for when conflicting info is given on the petition and the AO wants to verify the beneficiary's age.

I guess in my case I'll wait and see....

Edited by ZackinIL (see edit history)

So is this the exception or the rule? I'm a little concerned because I didn't include my fiancee's BC in our I129F because it wasn't asked for. But after doing some more research I agree with David...it looks like this is asked for when conflicting info is given on the petition and the AO wants to verify the beneficiary's age.

I guess in my case I'll wait and see....

It is an exception. This is the first time I have heard the CIS requesting the beneficiary's BC although I'm sure it happens from time to time.

It is never requested by the I-129F or the I-130 instructions.

We filed June 18 2007 and even used an immigration attorney to help us organize things. After a long wait, we just received a request for information on November 7. the DHS wants us to send a copy of June's birth certificate (eng/chn). Should we have sent that document in the first place? Either way, I'm happy we got some positive response. Will this move us forward or cause a longer delay?

We have been putting together a relationship evolution scrapbook while I'm visiting in Shenyang so we can be more prepared to tell our story. You can't believe how hard it is to find scrapbook stuff in China but we have had fun with it.

We sent my Mrs. BC with the I-129F on the advice of my visa attorney, back in April 2007. :headbang: