"Softball" questions for ACH?

I am going to go to ACH before my wife's interview just to show my face. I know that there is no direct evidence linking ACH attendance to interview success, but I want to play it safe. The problem is, I don't really have any questions. 001 is pretty comprehensive regarding the documents you need to bring and the few visa questions I had have been answered here. I've heard that it is best not to really mention any specifics about your case to the ACH VO, so what kind of "softball" questions would you all recommend asking? Our case is CR1.

I am going to go to ACH before my wife's interview just to show my face. I know that there is no direct evidence linking ACH attendance to interview success, but I want to play it safe. The problem is, I don't really have any questions. 001 is pretty comprehensive regarding the documents you need to bring and the few visa questions I had have been answered here. I've heard that it is best not to really mention any specifics about your case to the ACH VO, so what kind of "softball" questions would you all recommend asking? Our case is CR1.

Just tell it like it is. Tell them you have no questions but wanted to come to ACH to register the fact that you've come this long way from the US to be with your SO at her time of interview to offer her moral support.

Some have been very direct at ACH. Many have been very specific. One said, I know you might think I am too old, but I am not and here is why. Others said my finances might look messy, but they are not and here is why. These two cases i know of both passed. I went to to ACH, first one I just asked about specific info on the forms and if they had the right values. I had to correct a typo they entered early in my case. The second one I went to was to directly ask about some extra Fingerprints they required Ping to get. I want to know the results. They told me the results and than went and got the interviewing VO so he could directly speak with me and than he approved the case.

You can be very specific and use this time to fix or find out something you might be worried about.

Tell them you and yours have worked hard to put together a comprehensive package. You think your financials are fine, you've visited x times, you've known her for x years, etc ... do you see any weaknesses in our case, as presented by these documents, that we should work on for the interview?

The VO should give it a look and respond.

Write a post after you go and let us all know what you aksed them??

I would think just being there would answer many questions that they would have of anyone?? Good Luck!! <_< :(

A related question. Is it useful for me to attend ACH at all if I'm still waiting for my NOA2? I'll be in China next month and am thinking about making a trip to GUZ.

Jing

This is really only my guess, if GUZ does not have the files yet i would think the benefit will be very small to nonexistent.

at a minimum, one could simply express the probably rarely expressed sentiment: That those of us [like the CFL community] understand the process and the lack of gratitude the consulate/VOs probably get, and we really appreciate their work...

I guess, what I'm thinking is that.. the more questions asked on some level means one doesn't understand the process in a way... but to stop by with no other cause but to say, "I get it... and thanks for your work" is really networking 101...

When I look back at our AOS interview (obviously a different venue), we had some problems arise and were headed for a probable denial until the VO saw that I simply knew this process and pointed out certain issues at critical times... So, why not let them know that you know the drill ahead of time....

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)